Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turner Interview: Dale Thompson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I thought someone once said you had a sense of humor, Dale. Where did they ever get that idea?

Great interview, shades of Dennis Miller?
    Wolf Kiessling

In the pursuit of excellence, there is reward in the creation of a wondrous relationship between the artisan and the soul of the tree

I was having a miserable day at work until I read that!
    Thanks Dale, great interview!

There is MUCH more!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Well. I'm gonna have to save this one and re read it when I have an extra week or so to do it:
    Hi Gorgeous,
    When Mark first approached me for this interview, I told him that I had lived for a LONG time and that the interview might be quite long! He told me that he would edit the text as necessary. Little did I know that he would take out 99.7% of my submission!

For example, he "scratched" the fact that I was instrumental in building the Great Pyramids of Egypt. Originally, I designed the points of the pyramids to point downward but the "winds of time" tipped them over and have turned them into the rather unimpressive structures that we see today.

Also a victim of the "Editor's Pen" was the contribution that my PM66 and I made to Noah when he was working to outpace the incoming storm. I designed and worked on his SECOND Ark. Wisely, in the final seconds, I snuck aboard the FIRST Ark disguised as a grass snake in the belly of a skunk!

Among many thousands of other things, Mark also left out the fact that I am solely responsible for designing the "lean" in the "Leaning Tower of Pizza (or is it Pisa?)!

Since I turn to Jello at the sight of a "pretty face", I am sending you a complete transcript of my interview on the next outbound C-130 from the Peshtigo International Airport!

Dale T.
    Last edited by Dale Thompson; 03-11-2006 at 11:09 AM.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

So Dale, how long where you a Escanaba Eskymo, and what did you do (or where did you work)while living there?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    So Dale, how long where you a Escanaba Eskymo, and what did you do (or where did you work)while living there?
    Hi Steve,
    I was a dedicated Eskymo from the 4th grade through the 7th grade (that took 17 years). Anyway, I spent a lot of time in "Northtown" with the rest of the juvenile delinquents.

I took away a real treasure from my time in Escanaba. As kids, we used to ride our bikes up to Gladstone which was 6 or 7 miles away. We always got a thrill from riding down "Gladstone Hill" at speeds exceeding 50 MPH! Anyway, one day in 1953, we stopped at an OLD Drugstore in Gladstone. At the time we were all collecting baseball cards. The elderly gentleman who owned the store didn't have any 1953 cards but he had a BUNCH of 1952 Topps cards. Of course, none of us wanted OLD cards but I had room in my saddlebags and reluctantly bought the cards for $1/BOX! I don't have the '52 Mantle (I've got the '53) but I would bet that that "investment" was the best one that I will EVER make.

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Excellent Bio, Dale.

I can only say that your should be on the stage, the next one out of town....
    Best Regards, Ken

A word of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    PESH!!!You forgot "PESH".

There are a bunch of others, but we won't go there at this time.

Great interview. I certainly hope you can find your way to LaCrosse next month. Hopefully that '62 DeSoto will make it that far. I'll even shower the day of and I'm sure if Spring decides to come up, he can be convinced to do the same.

Karl
    Hey Dells,
    I'll try to be nice about this but, if you and Spring shower on the same day, the downflow may plug the Mighty Mississippi and LaCrosse will be flooded!

We may have to change our meeting site to Provo, Utah, or somewhere with some REALLY high ground. Pike's Peak should be safe!

Thanks for your comments!!

Dale T.

Dale, I want to come over and play at your house. the slot car set up is sweet!! Do the grandkids get to play or just big kids? Very kewl, I bet you have quite a selection of 1/32nd slots to run on it as well!

corey

Open racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Hallagan
    Dale, I want to come over and play at your house. the slot car set up is sweet!! Do the grandkids get to play or just big kids? Very kewl, I bet you have quite a selection of 1/32nd slots to run on it as well! corey
    Corey,
    EVERYONE gets to race!! Yep! I've got a pretty large stable of cars!
    Unfortunately, I've got a very SMALL stable of WINS!

That is, until I get out my MAD MAX WILLIAMS F-1 RED ROCKET! Mario Andretti, himself, would be intrimidated by the way that I virtually make the 18' straight "disappear, "slam" the high bank and incredibly negotiate the remaining complexities of the track!

All things equal, however, I am checking with the State Attorney General to see if there is a law against killing kids who beat an old guy on his own HOME track! Remember that the old guy is already partially petrified and rigor mortis is within millimeters of his remaining brain cells. Remember also that the old guy is ME!!

Keep the shiny side UP!

Dale T.

Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    What did he say .
    I had to read this with a dictionary .
    Good one Dale. Looking forward to our meeting.
    Hey Howl,
    Get a bigger Dictionary. You don't have to be limited to those little itsy-bitsy ones that can be "hidden" in a pair of thongs!

Likewise, bud!

Dale T.

Well I finally caught my breath from laughing so much, and now am able to type a thank you for the interview. Now this was a breath of fresh air, enjoyed it.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Excellent, Dale, I am so glad to see you had as much fun with writing your interview responses as I had reading it. Wonderful! I just love a sense of humor!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

I feel like I just just came from watching a hour on Comedy Central...only this was really funny.

Nice to know you Dale...I think.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Please be patient. You will be disappointed no matter what happens.

Hi Folks,
    I'll try to get the pictures more or less in sync with the interview. Let's start with the family stuff:

Dale T.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Family And Shop!

I can't leave Indy out of the family!

Dale T.
    Attached Images Attached Images