Thread: Tablesaw Advice Request: Laguna vs. Minimax vs. Hammer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Okay, here's my experience. I own an Laguna LT16. I bought it a woodworking show. I was fairly new to woodworking, had never heard of Minimax, Agazzani or any other saw. I bought it based on reviews and opinions in the WW magazines at the time. I have since had the opportunity to use many other bandsaws both "old iron" and newer saws. After all that, the Laguna is "OK". The original guides were junk. The newer ceramic guides make it a much better saw. I was so frustrated with the old guides I was almost ready to toss the saw and then decided to take a flyer on the new ones. I never went to the company for help with this. Why? Because every time I talk with somebody from the company I feel like I've gone to a used car lot to buy a red truck and they're trying to get me to buy a white station wagon. It just feels slimy. It's high pressure and I don't like it. I'm not going to bash their equipment, it seems pretty good, not necessarily the best but also far from the worst. The WW show will be here in a couple of weeks and I am in the market for either a sliding TS or a combo. Minimax and Laguna will both be there. I'll be at the Laguna booth looking at their machine. But it is in spite of my experience with the company not because of it.
    Last edited by Steve Cox; 04-08-2006 at 9:46 AM.