Thread: Tool Gloat: I finally took the Festool plunge

Tool Gloat: I finally took the Festool plunge

I just bought the Festool Circular Saw TS55EQ and CT 22 Dust extractor. I have been receiving too many requests for cabinets and I just don't have the room to menuver those 4X8 sheetsof plywood around on my tablesaw. My current Cicrular saw butchers the edges of plywood and that is why I decided to purchase the Festool.

I know...where are the pictures? It is currently sitting in my truck and I think everyone knows by now what one of these looks like so I didn't think the pictures were necessary.

My wife and kids are currently away on vacation (DC, Boston, NY) so I have two weeks to figure out how to hide this "unapproved purchase" and still use it regularly. Any tips?

2. Me, too. Now watch out.

Lock the Systainer to the DE, then throw a tablecloth over it and voila! Your wife has a nice new nightstand that mysteriously disappears from time to time...

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Tool Snob!!
    Welcome to the club
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dodge
    My wife and kids are currently away on vacation (DC, Boston, NY) so I have two weeks to figure out how to hide this "unapproved purchase" and still use it regularly. Any tips?
    I usually dirty it up a bit and when she asks, "Oh, that! I've had that a long time." Works fine until the Mastercard bill arrives.

Congratulations, Chris! Enjoy your new tool addition.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Let's see, wife and kids gone for two weeks, and your playing with tools, it's a sick world.

Richard

Chris,

Congrats. Wait till you slice your first piece of wood with that saw

As for the CT22, while you don't need to read a review of it my review will give you pictures of just about everything on that sucker....more informative than reading the manual I think.
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mountain.

Congrats!

The circular saw has become just about my favorite tool.

As for hiding the tools, its easy. The systainers stack on top of the ct22 and take up a very small footprint. Easy to roll it back into a corner or near the scrap pile. AND when you buy more festools, it just makes the systainer stack a little higher.

Enjoy your two weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Esposito
    Chris,

Congrats. Wait till you slice your first piece of wood with that saw

As for the CT22, while you don't need to read a review of it my review will give you pictures of just about everything on that sucker....more informative than reading the manual I think.
    Bill,
    I actually did read your review before purchasing it. It was very informative. Thanks!

I love both the saw and the CT22. I was able to hook up my PC RO sander to it and it pulls almost every bit of dust that the sander produced. WOW!

I highly recommend both of the saw and the DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Townsend
    I usually dirty it up a bit and when she asks, "Oh, that! I've had that a long time." Works fine until the Mastercard bill arrives.
    HAHAHA! I find that funny because I do the same thing and was considering doing it on these tools too! Fortunately for me my wife is terrible at the bills so I take care of those too.