I have a wagner hvlp conversion gun and the wife wants me to spray paint some old cabinets. I havent used this gun much for the lack of experiance. I sprayed some doors along time ago and almost ruined them. I had to thin the paint alot to get it to spray. (water base) It caused some of the plywood to seperate. I had some oil base primer I sprayed the cabinets with, I thined it a little and thought it was fine but the gun still spit out the paint I thinned some more and had better luck but not like it should be. (I all so filtered the paint) To use this gun should I use oil base paints? They seem to be thinner then the water base paint. Do I need to buy a diffrent needle? I run about 40 lbs of air pressure on the hose and about 10 on the gun. The check vavle on the gun is suppose to let air in to the paint pot right? to me its not marked very good. Maybe I need a totaly diffrent gun. I would like to use this gun more for finishing projects but havent had much luck.
What brands of finish do you all use in your spray gun? I have started to buy from paint stores and have had better luck with thier brand then the stuff you get at the big box stores. Did some base board awhile back some of it turned out great and some of it bad. ( it spit it out instead of spraying out) anyway and help would be nice
Thanks Stacey

PS Jim becker help me out I bought this from your advise. HA HA