Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technomax CU410 Elite combo with 8.5" slider.

Technomax CU410 Elite combo with 8.5" slider.

Hello,

I'm a member of a few WW forums and after doing a lot of reading here at SMC over the last few months feel it's time to post something. Some of the members might appreciate these pic's of the Technomax CU410 Elite 6-1 Combo with the 8.5' slider. Mine is on order and should arrive here in Canada late Nov - early Dec, I've also ordered the equivilent of the MM16 Bandsaw which will arrive at the same time. As far as options go I have ordered pretty much everything including the feeder support. The sales service from Coopers & Horton (Toronto) has been excellent, I believe that I will be one of the first Canadian recipients if not the first for a Technomax CU410 Elite combo unit and can't wait to get it into my workshop.. but yes its quite the wait isn't it!

Regards,
    Wayne

CU410 Elite Technomax.jpg

Feeder support option:
    FeederSupport.JPG

Technical features :

- max. working width of surface tables 410 mm
    - total length of surface tables 2000 mm
    - tiltable surface fence 90-45 deg.
    - thicknessing table dimensions 775x423 mm
    - 2 feed speed on thicknesser 6-12 m/min
    - min/max working height on thicknesser 3/230 mm
    - saw-spindle moulder table dimensions 1250x430 mm
    - sawblade tilting 90-45 deg.
    - max. diameter of saw blade with
    installed scoring unit 315 mm
    - max. sawblade projection at 90 degrees from table with blade diam. 315 mm 100 mm
    - max. sawblade projection at 45 degrees from table with blade diam. 315 mm 70 mm
    - max. squaring stroke (CE/non CE) 1800 mm
    - cutting width on rip fence 1050 mm
    - max. spindle working height 125 (70 if 3/4") mm
    - spindle moulder speeds (50 hz) 3500-6000 8000-10000 rpm
    - max. diameter of tool lowered under table at 90° 210 mm
    - max. diameter of tool lowered under table at 45° 150 mm
    - max. tool diameter when tenoning 275 mm
    - motor power (n. 3 motors) 4 hp 3 kW 50 hz (4,8 hp 3,6 kW 60 Hz)
    - 3 exhaust hoods diameter 120 mm
    - 1 exhaust hood diameter 60 mm
    - net weight basic machine (fixed) 875 kg
    - spindle moulder available with following diam.: 30 - 35 - 40 - 50 mm, 3/4" - 1" - 1 1/4"

Standard equipment:

- anodized aluminum wagon sliding on high precision hardened steel guideways (dimensions 290x142x1700 mm)
    - cast-iron saw carriage with lifting by means of "dove-tail" guide and tilting by means of side trunnions
    - crosscutting support with dimensions 1100x650 mm, complete with: . telescopic fence L=1840mm (3200), with 2 crosscut flip-over stops and
    eccentric clamp
    . telescopic swinging arm support
    - dedicated saw rip fence L=1200mm with micrometric adjustment and cam-locking complete with support
    - sawblade protection on riving knife (exhaust hood 60 mm diameter)
    - cast-iron spindle moulder unit, 80 mm diameter
    - spindle moulder fence with micrometric adjustment
    - spindle moulder shaft lifting on machine front
    - saw-spindle moulder table extension
    - surface planer tables opening on saw/spindle moulder side (inwards tilting)
    - cutterblock 87 mm diameter, with no. 3 knives HSS 410x30x3 mm and cast- iron supports
    - dedicated planing fence complete with support (1520x150 mm)
    - planer protection
    - presetting for mortiser
    - ribbed cast-iron worktables
    - operating groups adjustment by means of fixed handwheels

Options Included:

58.02.58 Version with maximum squaring stroke 2700mm
    58.02.59 Belt driven scoring unit complete with saw blade diam. 100mm.
    58.02.16 “DADO SET” capability (tool with max diameter 8”)

58.02.66 Idle roller on squaring frame
    58.02.13 Angular cutting device equipped with:
    - Telescopic fence with two flip over stops
    - Pre-set for angle selection

58.02.89 Cast iron mortiser with exhaust hood diam. 120mm
    - Table dimensions 450x220 mm
    - Strokes x= 160mm y= 120mm z= 105mm
    - Extractable operating levers

58.02.19 Self-centering Wescott type chuck 0-16mm
    58.01.79 “TERSA” cutter-block with 4 knives
    58.02.25 Tenoning table and protection hood (max. tool diam. 275mm)

58.02.69 Tiltable spindle moulder 90 / 45 degrees
    58.02.26 Reverse spindle rotation

13.02.50 Interchangeable spindle
    13.14.0 Spare spindle for router bits ˝”

58.02.50 Wheels for machine movement
    58.02.51 Numerical readouts for the units positioning (saw and mortiser lifting excluding)
    58.00.21 3 single phase motors 4.8hp 3.6Kw 60hz
    08.87.32 Triple wall for version with 2700mm stroke (packaging)

58.02.60 Round sliding bar on saw fence for parallel cutting and on surface fence.
    - micrometric adjustment and cam locking system “high rigidity” cast iron fence supports
    -
    Support device for feeder
    Last edited by Wayne Watling; 08-16-2006 at 8:23 PM.

Ya, Mon! Congratulations on the new machines that are on the way...as well as letting folks know that the MM gear can be had in Canada. That's good news all around!

Hey, and welcome to the 'Creek!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wayne,
    Glad to hear the guys in Canada are getting their act together finally. Just so everyone knows and the folks in Austin are MiniMax USA a direct rep of MiniMax from Italy. In other countries like Canada MM is still sold through indpendent machine dealers.....

By the way that 410 Elite S ....has a REAL CAST IRON TRUNION....not a pillow block or convoluded plate system. It is one honking no holds barred machine.

Almost forgot...congrats Wayne. Do let us know how it is when you get it up and running.

Hi Jim and Paul,

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I've read many of your posts over the last few months, Pauls energetic posts on the Minimax machines were one of the best resources available on the products. You could say that they were a big part of the reason I went Technomax.
    I was inches away from ordering my product from Minimax USA when I found out about Coopers & Horton in Canada who are actually a part of the SCMGroup of companies, so I believe they are related to Minimax. Minimax USA were also outstanding with sales service.

Wayne

welcome wayne
    very nice machine. I think your going to really like it.

lou

Wayne,
    Congradulations! I have the Technomax Elite S Planer/Jointer mortiser and have enjoyed it for several months now... great stuff
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Minimax Canada

The eastern dealer for Canada is Cooper & Horton, western is Eurotech, SCMI owns a decent size chuck of Eurotech.

congratulations wayne! please keep us posted when you get your equipment, we love photos! tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Congrats and welcome to the MM family. You are going to love that machine. I had the 350K combo and it was a dream. MM is great equipment.

Greg

update?

hey wayne, how about a update on your new mm tools?

410 Elite

What feeder is that in the pic?

Hey guys...Wayne actually made his update in another thread...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t=47330&page=3

Check it out.

John Russell Guest
    Thanks for the post and great machine you have. Can you tell us something about her new home, shop size, etc....
    thanks
    John

Thanks for posting that link Frank and Steve for the interest. The delivery went down very well for both pieces of equipment, the combo was delivered by truck (end of December) and a friend helped me with the S400P (same as MM16) bandsaw. Two of us were easily able to maneuver the crated BS off his small truck and into the shop.

The shop itself is wroughly 21 x 23 x 9.5 ft and its just been finished to the point where its totally insulated and heated with a propane radiant heater. I converted a 3 car garage to a shop and 1 car garage and did all the work myself. Later this year I'll put down a wooden floor and build a window to let in some natural light and open the space out a bit. I'd also like to make a feature wall of oak or cedar at 45deg and get some cabinets and benches happening using a french cleat system.

I cant say enough about the machines, they are the best thing I could have purchased for the given amount available. All the tables on the combo were dead accurate out of the box and the fences were very easily to calibrate. There are adjustments for everything, there is zero play in the stops and fences which is something I'm still getting use too.

There was an issue with one of the planer micro switches which tuned out to be cosmolene preventing the pin from moving as it should. The tech guy sprayed it with a little WD40 and its been fine ever since. I called the SCM Group here in Toronto Canada about the switch and they had the tech guy in my shop the next morning at 7am. If I had known a little more about the machine at the time I could easily have done it myself.

Steven: I didn't get that feeder with the combo but I did get the feeder support arm for when the time comes to get the feeder. The arm is factory fitted and comes with a plug which is hooked into the main control box.

John: I'm sorry you must have missed my post to you a while back at that link given by Frank (above), anyway if you have any more questions just ask.

Here are some pics and comments.

Regards,
    Wayne

Delivery of the combo:

Down the drive she comes:

Plenty of cosmolene to keep me busy for a few hours..

Here are some pieces to a lamp project I am currently making:

Congratulations

Great machine, as a slider owner I can say youll never regret the purchase. Have fun.