Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Tour............ The Video........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    I'm the kind of Canadian who has not lived in Canada for 16 years............ eh.........
    My wife is a Canadian and she has lost a little of the accent and manner of speech. Send her home for a week and it's all back. You may not have used eh, but you have not lost the accent, pace, or rythym.

Great little hole in the ground you have there.

Seems like her family and friends are quite ingenious also. If we move to Canada will I pick up any of this? I could sure use some cleverness in my garage shop.
    The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything. ~Edward Phelps

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Benante
    My wife is a Canadian and she has lost a little of the accent and manner of speech. Send her home for a week and it's all back. You may not have used eh, but you have not lost the accent, pace, or rythym.

Great little hole in the ground you have there.

Seems like her family and friends are quite ingenious also. If we move to Canada will I pick up any of this? I could sure use some cleverness in my garage shop.
    I know what you mean, we go back, and I'm shocked by how much people say "Eh" eh....

I grew up in a fairly small town, we lived in town but uncles and other family did not. We often just had to find a way to do it, with what we had on hand.

Cheers!

Very, very cool, Stu!!

I think one of my favorite pieces is the use of condenced A/C vapor as a water source. How freaking cool is that?!

Your choice of music wasn't lost on me, either. Excellent!!

- Keith

4. Ya the AC water thing is used a lot here, just because our AC makes so much water in the summer, so people use it to water plants etc, why not?

Some even have it plumbed to go into their toilets to flush them!

Under the sink is a sump with a sump pump on a float, when the tank fills up, there is an over flow to the sump, when the sump fills up it is pumped out to the sewer.

Works great.

Cheers!

It's a Hobbit Hole! Thanks for the tour, Stu!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks

Very cool Stu, thanks for sharing.

-Linc

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    It's a Hobbit Hole! Thanks for the tour, Stu!
    My Fav Hobbit was Sam!

BTW, I fixed a glaring problem in the video tonight.........

Attachment 45396

Not brands you would know, but good beer just the same

Cheers, the cold beer kind!
    Last edited by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan; 11-24-2006 at 4:24 AM.

Seeing your video brought back some memories seeing the main drag in Shinjuku Stu!

I'll get there eventually, we'll raise the roofs in the Kabuki-Cho when I do!
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

9. That would be really cool Alan!

Beer is on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cooke
    Something else I noticed, you didn't say 'eh' once. Now really, what kind of Canadian are you?
    Larry, Larry, Larry.... you can't force the "eh", or it sounds about as natural as Bob+Doug McKenzie (and one of them was NOT Canadian).

It just needs to flow. Some use it a lot, some a little, it depends on the person and the region.

Nice tour, Stu. So.. is there an escape hatch out of the annex? No cars parked on top of the hatch? Do you have a telephone or intercom wired in? Seems like you'd want a way to call for help, and I doubt that a cellphone would work through all that concrete.

best,
    ...art

11. Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    Larry, Larry, Larry.... you can't force the "eh", or it sounds about as natural as Bob+Doug McKenzie (and one of them was NOT Canadian).

It just needs to flow. Some use it a lot, some a little, it depends on the person and the region.

Nice tour, Stu. So.. is there an escape hatch out of the annex? No cars parked on top of the hatch? Do you have a telephone or intercom wired in? Seems like you'd want a way to call for help, and I doubt that a cellphone would work through all that concrete.

best,
    ...art

Hey Art, hows it going eh?

I have an interphone connected to the 6th & 7th floor where we live, and I have a phone line out as well. There is another hatch from the Annex, but there is also usually a car parked over it, but at least I would have some where to go if a fire (God forbid) started, it would give me some time. Also the cell phone works if it is left on the top stair, and it works fine from anywhere in the Annex, go figure.

Cheers!

Pretty cool Stu- do you leave the hatch open when you are in there? I would think that someone might park their motorcycle on the hatch if it were closed and suddenly you might be wishing you had more beer in the fridge.

My father was a fireman and he has made me paranoid- do you have fire extinguishers down there?

This might make me seem like I'm worried about a lot of things but its just what came to mind when I saw the open hatch in the video.
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion

13. Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grunow
    Pretty cool Stu- do you leave the hatch open when you are in there?
    No, I don't, because of the noise I make and why advertise that I'm there? The crime rate here is low, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grunow
    I would think that someone might park their motorcycle on the hatch if it were closed and suddenly you might be wishing you had more beer in the fridge.
    Not possible, the motorcycle thing, the hatch is behind my trailer.

My father was a fireman and he has made me paranoid- do you have fire extinguishers down there?
    Yes I have two of them, one at the base of the hatch stairs and on at the entrance to the Annex.

This might make me seem like I'm worried about a lot of things but its just what came to mind when I saw the open hatch in the video.
    No problem, I appreciate the concern.

Cheers!

Stu, your workshop is so impressing but I concur with Ben, it seems that the fire hazard could be a real thing considering all the fine stuff and machinery in one place. And you seem to have only one exit... On the other hand, all the firemen need to do is to fill the cave with water...

15. OK Brad, PM sent.

Tom, thanks for the concern, I too worry about it, one reason I do my best to keep the place clean. I do have another way out, sort of, through the Annex and then out the hatch, could be a tight fit, but I'm sure I could at the very least attract someone attention to move the van and I can call the FD from there too.

Cheers!