Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith
Hi Frank,

I think it will have limited sales in the home woodworker market. As everyones pointed out the floor has to be pretty much perfect for it to work. I know mine isn't and I'm pretty sure the majority of HWWers are in the same situation. Pads like that are good for moving something every once in a while, but most of us have mobile bases because we have to move things almost every day to get the room we need to work. Who's going to want to clean the floor 6 times a day so they can move their machines around, assuming of course that they have that perfectly flat floor to start with.

Brent
No, what others pointed out was that the giant industrial versions expect a flat floor. The trash tolerance probably has to do with how much weight you're lifting, and how much air you're willing to blow through it. Heck, military hovercrafts fly over ocean waves and sand dunes. General markets to woodworkers with home shops. They've probably tuned their version to deal with the kinds of floors which we have. I wouldn't give up on this one immediately.

Of course, like Frank, I'd cheerfully be willing for somebody else to try it first!