Well after a lot of years of sticking to Kona coffee & blends, I want to adventure out some more for my morning cup.

Looking for some recommendations for a full bodied -- city roast coffee .. I drink it black by the way (is there any other way?)... maybe a hint of chocolate (bittersweet) flavor. I find the darker city roast level seems to bring that out in some coffees. I don't usually go cheap w/in reason. Life is too short for cheap beer, whiskey or coffee. 12-18$ a pound of whole bean is the average range I pay now for Kona from a farm in Hawaii. Internet ordering is expected unless you live in SW Michigan and have a local source.

I am brewing with an automatic drip (I know but then I am not the purist some are.. makes a pot quickly in the morning when I need it). I toyed with buying green and roasting myself, but it's to much like work. Grinding is my limit. I like espresso but it's to much like work before I go to work if you know what I mean... being a service tech, I sometimes plan my routes around the best coffee on the highway -- but really prefer to take my own.

Tried some Tanzanian Peaberry -- was ok but to light bodied for me. I don't get into the fruity tastes to much either so I avoid some of the other African coffees. Liked some Summatra stuff I bought but lost the link to my source and have not found again.

Anyways looking for recommendations for an everyday cup-a-joe fix.