Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy art

1. Anita, I too have been searching for months for wildlife art, and its been very time consuming drawing my own. I just came across this site www.scmsysteminc.com/index.php they appear to be some very detailed pen and ink drawings. Look under designs for stencils Their cds are on closeout right now. I ordered 2 of them but I have not yet recieved them so I'll have to let you know how they look when I get them.

Smile Cowboy art

If you search Tandy leather they sell designs for leather toolers that are great source of western rodeo scenes and all sorts of cowboy stuff etc.I bought there books years ago to use in sandcarving and it would be perfect for laser application

We use plasma cam art disks for cutting metal. they are a little pricy but the artwork is good. Their web site is http://www.plasmacam.com/projectsart.php.

iStockPhoto has some nice graphics & photos

I use iStockPhoto dot Com. They have all sorts of graphics, images and photos. They are royalty free and usually come in both jpg and eps. The prices vary depending on the art and usually for a little extra money you may reproduce the art and sell retail. There system works by becoming a member which is free, then you buy credits. Each art work is x amount of credits. After paying you download the art and use it. You can browse around there site and see if there is any art that interest you.
    Peter

ULS VersaLaser 3.50 50 w, Glowforge Basic 40 w, Carbide3D Nomad 883 Pro, Form-2, Raise3D N1, Raise3D N2 Plus, Fusion 360, Corel Draw Suite X9, Corel Draw Suite 2019, 1-Touch Photo, PhotoGrav, Photoshop

I also use iStockphoto.com quite often. Its a great source for ideas, vector artwork (great quality) and photos for themed engravings. I haven't found any other resource with as resonable of a pricing structure as istockphoto.

Can some please explain iStockPhoto's restrictions to me in relation to what we do with laser engraving for resale. I fam constantly getting confused with such legal documents as not a lawyer.

its the "you may not".."use the Content"".""or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit" is confusing me.

sorry

Can some please explain iStockPhoto's restrictions to me in relation to what we do with laser engraving for resale. I fam constantly getting confused with such legal documents as not a lawyer.

its the "you may not".."use the Content"".""or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit" is confusing me.

sorry if I seem to be posting this sort of Q a lot I just need some sort of clarity on the matter.

Blog Entries
    Michael,

Most of the legalese out there typically says you can use the artwork for your projects, but you cannot take the original image and repackage it for sale (i.e., you can etch the image without royalties, but you cannot take the original tiff, gif, vector, whatever file itself and sell that to other shops/customers). Fair use laws may be different in Ireland than in the US, but I would imagine it's pretty close in these cases.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

ah, OK then. Makes it a bit better to understand. The restrictions under commercial rights in these licences are what confuses me.
    Does laser count as "printing" or more of a "manufacturing" process. I would be the thinking its printing in general but you have to make up the final product art other times. The laser “print” being just one part.

-------

any way of removing the double post?
    Last edited by Micheal Donnellan; 01-15-2008 at 5:42 PM.

Department of Fish and Wildlife

Take a look at the Department of Fish and Wildlife Drawing Site.

http://www.fws.gov/r9extaff/drawings/drawing.html

Regards

Roger