Thread: Full Kerf Woodworker II Requires Stabilizer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron Trantham
    Not sure why they insist that you use one.
    One word: money.

My respect for Forrest drops 50% because of their insisting on stabilizer even for their full-kerf blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoa Dinh

My respect for Forrest drops 50% because of their insisting on stabilizer even for their full-kerf blades.
    I agree. I have never seen a test that showed any benefit to a stabilizer. It's just more money in their pocket.

Why would a firm who claims to make the best, insist that it's only the best if you use a stabilizer. If that's true, buy some other manufacturer's product who makes a blade that does not need a stabilizer.
    Howie.........

So you've run across this too? I wasn't sure if it was just this one guy, or if it really was their corporate policy.

Pete

While I'm sure there is a profit motive at work here, for someone spending $100 on a blade, what's another $15 if there's a chance that using a stabilizer will give you a better cut......

Guys,

This completely contradicts my experience with both Forrest and their blades. This salesman was trying to bamboozle the audience, or he was ignorant. The salesmen I've seen at shows didn't work for Forrest anyhow, but resellers.

In fact, I tried to order a stabilizer with my WWII, and Forrest wouldn't sell it to me. They said that stabilizers are only beneficial with lower-end saws that have arbor runout or flexible trunnions. For any cabinet saw, you don't need a stabilizer. If you have a contractor's saw, then maybe it would help. My full-kerf 12" WWII, as well as my Duraline and Chopmaster all gave remarkable cuts, without stabilizers.

Todd