Thread: Router/Lift Setup

Router/Lift Setup

Getting ready to officially do my router table in my TS Extension Wing. I had planned on putting in my Freud FT2000 with a WoodPeckers Router Plate. But I am wondering about a router lift.

So....

1) Do I stick with the Freud Ft2000 and Standard Aluminum plate from Woodpeckers?

2) Use the Freud Ft2000 and get a router life for it? If this option, what lift?

3) Get a whole new router and lift setup? If this option, what router and lift?
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

A few years back I wondered why would someone spent that kind of money on a lift. At that time I had a Bosch 1617 in a table and did the adjustments from below.

Then a little over a year ago when the M12V and RouterRaizer went on ridiculous sales I picked them up to dedicate to the table. I couldn't believe how nice it was to have adjustment above the table.

About 4 months ago I sold my old TS and bought a new one. When I sold my old saw the buyer wanted my entire router set-up. On the new TS I mounter a Milwaukee 5626 with a Woodpecker's Quick Lift in the extension wing and love it. I never have to touch the router from below with the new set-up. I also have an Incra LS-positioner and the fine adjustability of the lift, especially not needing to lock and unlock the router, makes a world of difference in set-up time.

So - since you are relatively starting from scratch I would highly recommend you design it around a lift.

Mike

I never used a lift, but I just bought a Freud FT3000. You can change bits from above the table, it has a spindle lock, and above table height adjustment. Really nice system, and its a 15 amp router. I don't know how it compared to the other routers that have the same features.

I have been using a MastR lift from Roclkers for several years and am very pleased with it. Were I to do it today I'd probably opt fot the Woodpecker Quick Lift.
    I enclosed the router in a box underneth the extension table. The box has a DC port connected to a small DC also under the table. When I need access to the router to change speeds just lift the router and the lift up out of the table.
    Dan