Thread: Craftsman Table Saw Fence Upgrade?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Craftsman Table Saw

I have a Craftsman 10 table saw i picked up the other day at a sell and want too upgrade it and clean it up a bit also,The table it self has a small amount of surface rust on it and what is the best thing too use on it to clean it up and then add some wax, also i want to replace the pullys and put a new and better belt. Iam going to get it cleaned up and give it too my son.

Not sure if they still sell them, but the Ridgid fence was a direct bolt on. I bought one for around $99 and it worked well. It's not as good as some of the more expensive fences mentioned, but it was usable. It required periodic readjustment though. But, for the price it was good.
    The biggest problem with my Craftsman saw was that the blade wouldn't stay adjusted parallel to the miter slot. I eventually got tired of adjusting it and got a new saw.
    Jay St. Peter

Fence Upgrade

I upgraded my Craftsman Bench Saw 113.29943 (circa 1970's) with a Shop Fox Classic from Grizzly. All mounting is done to the table top and nothing on the wings. I had to drill & tap the table top,(cast iron) but this was easy and straight forward. Just make sure you have a drill/tap to match the size/threads of the mounting bolts. I am very well satisfied with the fence. The fence is heavy so plan for a close storage place, I put mine in a special box/slot under the 7' x 8' table I have built a round the saw. Good Luck

Yeah the saw has sentimental value belonged to my father who is not alive anymore. I new he wanted to upgrade the fence so will give it a shot. Vega seems to be the consensous what exactly is required for a vega upgrade any drilling and tapping? What is the rigid belt size or part number?

I like the mobile base plans I saw on woodcrafts website so I ordered them. The pic shows a delta saw and biesmeyer fence very nice The fence looks larger then 50 inches though hmm! Any chance you can upgrade the motor on the craftsman what is it factory?

Thanks for the welcome and glad to be a new member of the forum...

Anyone have pics of the vega fence on their craftsman table saw that want to share. I would love to see how it fits I am very close to making my decision.

Incra Fence

I have a Ridged table saw and wanted to up grade my fence system. I ended up with the Incra TS-LS http://www.incra.biz/Products/TSLS.html
    It took about 2 hours to install it. I did have to do a little modifications on the motor mount on the table saw but nothing that would affect the saw. Also Incras customer service was great.
    The Beach Bum Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Williams
    Anyone have pics of the vega fence on their craftsman table saw that want to share. I would love to see how it fits I am very close to making my decision.
    This isn't my setup Eric, but hopefully the owner won't mind me posting a link to some great pics.

http://www.mv.com/users/besposito/wo...vegafence.html
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Ok so I decided on the Vega 50 inch fence but where to buy it anyone?