Thread: SU6P: general arrangement in one scene, exploded view in another?

SU6P: general arrangement in one scene, exploded view in another?

Having finally got my workbench into SU I was palyng at making some scenes today to try to display the assembled bench and an exploded view. I had this vague idea that moving some components around in a scene ought to be remembered as part of the scene but sadly the software doesn't agree with my fantasy.

How can I get the effect I want? Ideally it would make an ersatz movie from animating the transition from one scene to the next but I'm very flexible on this.

Being able to do this would make a pretty interesting educational tool for mechanical items, I think.
    Smile. It worries the other guy.

Tim, I sent you an e-mail with some information that answers your question.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 02-17-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Got it - thanks Dave. That'll do the trick for a relatively simple case like my current need.

I have this idea about making use of the undo/redo list so that one could make scenes where the actual design changes - components move, bits add or subtract etc. Since a lot of info has to be kept to track undo/redo (DAMHIKT) anyway it seems maybe one could tie it to the scene data as well as the camera position, style etc that is already there.

If it were possible one could, for example, draw an engine and rotate the crankshaft a bit in each scene. Perhaps I need to write it up a bit better and contact @Last.

I sent you another e-mail, Tim.

ooh and to reply to my own message, one thing you can do with scenes is take note of hidden geometry - so by hiding stuff you can achieve quite interesting effects