Thread: Exaktor EX26XS Sliding Table + Sawstop - Suggestions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I received my Exaktor today. Overall it looks to be a very nice piece of equipment. Well I should say I received the remaining two missing boxes that Eagle Global Logistics hung onto for a few too many days. Anyhow, upon receiving it I noticed the table was damaged from the box being dropped on the corner. It looked to be an easy fix, but still not something I wanted to find. Anyhow, Amazon gave me another $130 off the sliding table, so my out the door price was only $517.56 shipped for the EX26XS.

I spent about five minutes with a body hammer and some wood to fix the damage and it came out to the point you cannot tell it was even bent. I was planning on installing it today, but my saw is giving me some problems. So once I get that resolved, I'm going to assemble the sliding table and then make a support system for it. I doubt I'll keep the full length rails - I'll be cutting them down and making some brackets out of 3/8" aluminum plate to rejoin them when I need the full length of the slider.

Exaktor has failed my email query test though. I have emailed three people within that organization, including the CEO asking several legit questions. None of them have bothered to reply. Hmm.

give 'em some time. larry humphrey responded personally when i was trying to order the extension arm and support clip for the fence. his secretary then had everything shipped within two weeks. how's that for customer support?