I'm nearing completion of my small little shop that I built which can be seen at the following link:

http://www.dmwtech.com/gallery2/v/construction/garage/

Anyhow, today I decided to take a break from drywall and do some yard work. Afterwards I couldn't help but just wonder what was inside of that Sawstop crate I've been moving around the shop for over two months. Yeah, finally I had to remove the lags, pull the cover and admire one beautiful saw. I even took a peek inside at that rather large 5hp motor. Then I got motivated and decided to hoist the saw off the skid and onto the HTC mobile base I purchased. This was easier said than done, as my only method of hoisting is with my engine hoist which would not get into a good enough position. So I used my pallet jack and that allowed me to raise the pallet high enough to put some 2x4's under the skid 2x4's and basically raised the height 3-1/2". My engine hoist could then roll under the skid and I could then lift the Sawstop. That was uneventful and I lowered it down onto the ground after pulling out the skid. I had to shorten the boom, raise, and then lowered it onto the HTC mobile base (very nice I might add). That was enough for today since it was getting late.

Anyhow, I ordered an Exaktor EX26XS sliding table for this saw and I'll have it this coming week. I'm now debating on the best approach for installing it. Should I install the left wing on the Sawstop and then the Exaktor or put the slider closest to the blade? Right now I'm leaning towards putting it closest to the blade. I want to brace the Exaktor to my Sawstop so that it's more portable. Has anyone done some sort of triangular brace to support a sliding table during relocation via a mobile base? I would plan on checking all settings after moving the saw, but it's likely I will need to move the saw from time to time since I don't have a huge shop.

Suggestions are welcomed. I'm going to Lowes in the morning to pick up some 10AWG SO Cord which I'll install an L6-30 Twistlock plug. I plan to install about 25' of cable allowing me the freedom to move the saw as needed. I will hear the Sawstop come alive tomorrow and I can't wait!