Thread: Embossing, Delrin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm trying to engrave Delrin for my Seal press - so I digged up this old thread.

Frank, do happen to still have your Corel file, you mentioned here - I tried to open it, but still have Corel 11 so it wouldn't open

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post

Unfortunately I can't show you pictures of the seal as it is embedded in the embosser, but you are quite welcome to have a look at my logo, the detail is extremely good.
    About the settings you wrote that you engraved it at 100 S and 40 P this is referring to %, correct ?

I made 0,25mm outline on the negative and the engraving looks pretty deep, but when I use it I get a real nice paper mark only in the top 20% of the seal the rest does nothing

Thanks in advance for any hints

Cheers, Andrea

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen

Hi Andrea, this should open for you, it's in version 11. Yes I was referring to % in my original post. To be honest, I haven't had a call to do one of these and I have only done the one, but it did turn out perfectly.

You should be getting exactly 50/50 depth with the top and bottom in order for them to meet correctly in the middle of the impression. The file might help you understand it more clearly. Also I would recommend that you check your black setting, turn it into RGB instead of CYMK where the black is much brighter and not really black at all!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Aaron

Epilog used to have a how to on their site. I wasn't able to locate it but i do recall having seen it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I can't find my CD but Roy Brewer has a Excellent "How To" in his Corel Training Series of 3 CD's.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".