Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best brad nailer????

I have some older PC and Bostitch. All have been good. If I were to do it today I think I would go Hitatichi. I am not too thrilled with the latest offerings of PC.

The best....it's probably grex. The best one I own, the new bostich oilless model, works pretty well, I don't like where they put the safety, occasionally I get safe when working at an odd angle and holding the work with the other hand, but it fires well, doesn't misfire, it's comfortable to hold and has a good belt hook.
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

I looked at Grex for a 23 ga. Pin nailer when i was hunting, but i ended up buying a Cadex. Dont remember exactly why right now, but pretty sure it had better capacity or features than the comparable Grex.
    I havent been disappointed.
    And i would certainly look to them again .
    Build quality is top notch.

Don't think any of my pneumatics are younger than 10 years old and have no idea of how many different brands I've used since my first Senco framer and roofers from the early 80's
    but FWIW when I currently load the truck for a full house trim out, the Cadex 23, Ridgid 18, Senco 15 and a (newish) Paslode 16 cordless goes on.

I have no idea how new guns compare but of the group listed I'm most impressed with the Cadex and the Ridgid has been surprisingly dependable.

Braders have almost reached the commodity stage so I suppose features, 'feel' in the hand and parts supply would determine my next purchase if the need should arise.

Fasco pinners and nailers are best. The 23ga 1/2" - 2" one is typically less expensive than the Grex or Max versions of the same gun as well.
    http://www.fasco-tools.com/en/standa...s/pinners.html

Blog Entries
    I have an older Bostitch bought from Builder's Square (remember them?), but limited to 1 3/8" brads. Never a problem. I just bought a new one for my son which takes 2" brads. They have two, the better one gets great reviews and has a narrow point, the cheaper one is, well, cheaper, and doesn't get such great reviews.
    NOW you tell me...

I bought the BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18GA Brad Nailer Kit a while back and it seems to work very well so far. I had a grip tite brand one that I got in a 3 piece kit that was a little flaky. This one does 2" brads with ease.

This is all good advice, I'm sure, and can be used by someone, but the most recent post in this thread before today was almost 8 years ago. Looks like a (potentially spam) post resurrected it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    The best....it's probably grex. The best one I own, the new bostich oilless model, works pretty well, I don't like where they put the safety, occasionally I get safe when working at an odd angle and holding the work with the other hand, but it fires well, doesn't misfire, it's comfortable to hold and has a good belt hook.
    I've never used a Grex. I always hear good things though. We've got all Senco guns and I can't complain too much about them. The 18 ga pin nailer that's used for doors is getting a little ragged, but it's shot a zillion nails and owes me nothing.

I wonder if the one the OP bought is still working...
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    I wonder if the one the OP bought is still working...
    Haha! Whoops. Great question tho

Blog Entries
    Prefer the Senco slp20. The older versions.I have Bostitch but they failed soon after purchase. I mainly use Senco and Paslode gas guns.You pay a few more sometimes but worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey jack which one shoots the beer
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

The older Senco's are excellent. That is what i still have and started with in 15 ga. and 18 ga. The SLP 20, and i dont remember the 15 ga. model- maybe SL1? Anyway , they both shoot to 2", i have had 2 of each for about 20 years, and none of them have ever needed repairs!
    I did get the 2 different Paslode cordless recently for onesy/twosey installs where a compressor would be cumbersome to bring.
    I like the Senco, because the brad nailer was pre- safety buttons, and the bigger Senco safety was so simple, it magically fell off when i took it out of the box. . New Senco stuff is trash in comparison.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    Hey jack which one shoots the beer
    I can't drink it so I collect it