Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think about this company...

1. I dont have their laser, but i have a chines laser, a RedSail RS3040 (www.hflaser.com) .
    I think it was worth the money it costed ($2500 incl. shipping to sweden), but if I could afford it I would go for a Epilog/LaserPro/...

The RS3040 works quite well for engraving, but is alot slower than US lasers (probably... i dont have any other laser to compare with ).
    The only downside that i see (when engraving) is that you cant change the resolution in one direction (it's possible to specify that it should engrave every 2nd or every 10th line for example, but it will always have a resolution of 1000 dpi at every line).

When cutting its not that good. When cutting the laser beam is on constantly at the same power and since the laser head moves twice as fast in one direction it cuts much deaper in the slower direction.

One other thing to consider is that 40W in a Chinese laser isnt the same as for example a 40W Epilog.

My experience buying from china is only good. The company was quick to answer e-mails, the delivery was fast and the machine was very well packed. So before you buy from a US reseller check how much it would cost you to import the laser yourself.

To summerice if you need a cheap laser, buy a chinese one, but if you can afford it I would recommend to buy a "real" laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Radaza View Post
    I'm very curious about the a4dable portable laser. Is it made in china ? Any experiences working with this particular machine ?

We deal with a lot of plaques and I would love to have a small machine (maximum table size 8"x12") accomodate these jobs on the spot at a mall setting or somewhere nearby.

Any ideas for a laser this small ? costs ? plus/negative factors ?
    This was the laser I was considering until I found this site and I'm happy I went with a US laser.

A4dable's user manual can be found at http://www.a4dableww.com/mnls/

Their (not very active) forum can be found at http://www.fishinfoolz.net/phpBB2/index.php

Something to consider setting up at the mall would be exhaust, compressor, and water pump if water cooled. This probably would not be allowed if you were going the kiosk route. Universal does have a self contained air cleaner that I believe would allow you to operate without the need to vent outside, but I'm not too positve about that.

I do a lot of plaques as well and very rarely do I get a request for an 8x10. The majority are 12x15 followed by 9x12. The 8x12 table may not be sufficient if you want to grow.
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3