Thread: RESOLVED: I was trying to avoid posting this - General jointer damaged by ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Gary,

That sucks to hear about your new jointer. Like others have said, I too notified the CC company and they immediately opened up a dispute/fraud case on couple of big ticket items and that always got the vendors attention. Good luck getting your issue resolved.

General may help you out. Call them. Tell them you do not feel safe at all using the jointer as you do not know where else cracks have been made in the bed. Do not mention anything about this affecting your resale value as that is not a valid concern to any reseller.

Also any warranty with a shipping company is between the shipping company and the shipper. Even when you pay for insurance with UPS or whomever, when there is a claim it is to be settled between UPS and the the shipper. It takes the shipper to sign a consent form for the shipper to settle up with the receiver.

Freight claims need to be made by redmond.

Did you get it in writing that the item was to be sold as new? I am thinking this was like this before it left Redmond which is why they did not file the claim already with the freight company.

Can you send it back?

If Redmond gives you any problem call the CC company and ask for an account manager to be assigned to this transaction/account and that you want to dispute the charge. They will give you some story trying to get you to wait 10 businbess days blah blah blah. Ask them very nicely to please go ahead and assign the manager to your account now and tell them you do not feel you can get any help with the company otherwise because they are not working with you. They will call Redmond and help you get this squared away. CC companies do not like bad press on transactions made on their cards.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Agreed with what everyone has said. Credit card companies are your devil and your angel. They are your angel in this situation. There's a reason you pay your APR. They give you damage protection. Use them to fix the problem. As a consumer, it's your right.

The credit card co. will want you to send the machine back before they will do anything.I'm having the same problem. I ordered 2 items from a TV ad. I"LL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!! They sent 4 items,with each having a $10.00 extra feature that I did not order. The credit card co. wanted me to return the item,and send them proof I had done so. So,I'm out the shipping also,but that's what had to be done. A month later,I'm still waiting to hear if they are going to do a charge back.