Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weekend Doin's" Fathers Day Edition

Latest project will come out of the clamps in a few minutes, and after touch-up I'll add a final clear coat. This is a prototype made with poplar frames and plywood for the box. (There are center shelves, although they aren't easily seen black-on-black.) The final version will have maple frames and possibly bamboo for the carcase. Haven't decided yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enjoying my son's first birthday. Yes I had a very good Father's Day last year.

I purchased a used DeWalt DW746 table saw last week and may spend a little time on Saturday checking adjustments and installing a new blade. Grandkids are in town, so visitng and playing with them takes a priority.

Not certain what I'm doing. I am working on modifying a cedar bridge to go over a drainage area in the side yard (a variant of the one in Wood a couple of years ago - with the curved laminated beams).

In terms of shop work - I am spending time calibrating / tuning tools this weekend. Hopefully, I'll be ready to tackle the next project soon!

Hopefully this a shop and drum weekend. I plan or working out in the shop on a chess board in the mornings and evenings while it is cooler and spending time in the basement playing the drums and playing pool...That is unless child #2 decides to make an appearance this weekend. I really hope she waits considering we are supposed to have really nice weather this weekend. Now, If I could only find someone locally that would not mind letting me use their bandsaw to do some resawing for the chess board.

Enjoy father's day everyone.

I took the advice of some fellow 'Creekers to get my shop organized after moving several months ago. Thanks to everyone who participated in that post. I took inventory and started moving things to one side of the room. I'm hoping to build another work table and hang all the DC ducting tonight and tomorrow.

I'll be lucky to get half that done :-) It sure feels good to have some direction.
    The day you think you know everything will be very same day you stop learning.

This is my FIRST Friday off in my countdown, so my weekend started last night. As of right now, we have TWELVE laser orders on the hook, so I know what I'm going to be doing all weekend!

Happy Father's Day, all you dads out there. Where would we be without you?

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Blog Entries
    Well, plan on being in the shop tomorrow (Sat) at least for a number of hours. Have started the current project which is a television armoire for the 37" LCD flat screen TV that I purchased a few weeks back. My youngest brother called an hour ago and he said that he might come up this weekend and that could change plans around some for both Saturday and Sunday. I had planned on hitting the dirt track stock car races since I had volunteered to coordinate a special congregation of veteran/retired dirt track stars from the past for a type of "legends night". My bro might like to come along for the nights action. He's bringing up his boat and he wants to do some fishing. That could mean another Sunday morning float like myself and a buddy did last Sunday morn. Sunday afternoon will find the usual activity of the guys coming over to watch the NASCAR race in the bar room. Hey.....that's what I built the darned thing for
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    I will be playing with my new CMT dovetail jig. I have a drawer that I have to make for a freinds night stand. Then it will be onto makeing a new bench from 2x4's with plenty of drawers in it. Maybe work on the front flowerbed if time permits.

In about two hours, I'm going to go pick up some last minute items, then start Building My SHOP!

excited, me? nah, what makes you think that? hmmmm?
    Last edited by Ned Bulken; 06-16-2007 at 7:24 AM.
    Ned

2B1ASK1