Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday June 22nd, 2007

Well the first full day of summer is upon us [Winter for those of you south of the equator]. Now the days start getting shorter for those of us north of the equator.

Not sure what's on the agenda just yet, although a "Creeker" visit may be in order. I'm still recovering from having some kidney stones blasted with shock waves Monday. Still not feeling up to par, although every day is better.

So what are you up to for the first weekend of summer? Grass to mow? Garden to tend? Clean the shop [Al]? Actually do some WW'ing?

Whatever it may be, make it enjoyable and above all make it "SAFE".

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Since I'm off from work for the summer my weekends and week days sort of blend together. I've got a dog show this morning and one tomorrow morning. If our Champion wins either day, we'll stay at the show all day. Whatever shop time I get this weekend will be spent doing sanding and cleaning up some mortises on a table I'm making. The table is a project from a woodworking class I'm taking at a WoodCraft store. If there is any other shop time left over I'll get back to my mantle project.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Karl,
    In town this weekend. Long punch list.
    My baby's coming home so I want to spend som time with her.
    Packing up parts of the shop and a little yard work.
    Have a safe one.

TTFN
    TJH
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Step 2 in the sprinkler pump installation. First run through with house water only showed some leaks. Finished that up last night, but wanted the pipe glue to cure before I pressured it up. After that, not sure, but I think it's deep cleaning time getting ready for company next weekend. I need to blow all the pecan tree crap off the roof on the house and the shop. Hopefully it won't rain and make it mush again. Beyond that, maybe some rest? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Planning to work on the bathroom cabinets, but I hurt my back on Wednesday and it is still sore so I don't know if I'll get anything done. I also plan to try out the smoker for the first time.

Flying out to Houston on Official SMC business.....Got to inspect Hartley's many recent Gloats.....Might visit the youngest son and his wife while I'm there!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Since my weekend started today, I'm finishing up some laser projects and doing a little designing. Tomorrow is open, but it will be spent getting ready for Sunday, as we are having a picnic here at the house for a bunch of woodworking friends--couple of Creekers going to be here. Pictures at 11! (on Sunday)

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Taking off at lunch from work, heading out to the lake for a little fishing excursion on Lake Brownwood!! Crappie, bass and catfish beware....my friend is coming (they don't have to worry about me, I fish, I don't catch )
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Looking forward to visiting with Ken, his family, and other SMCer's on Sunday of course

Blog Entries
    Hope to get a good amount of progress on some small boxes I have been wanting to try. Keyed miter corners and variations on lift-off lids. If I don't make a complete trainwreck out of 'em and have to start over, I'll post some pics.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schmid View Post
    Looking forward to visiting with Ken, his family, and other SMCer's on Sunday of course
    Looking forward to meeting you and other Creekers Brad!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Grrrrrr....have a 50th Anniversary party to attend on Saturday mid-day, so that blows any chance of getting in the shop, even though it would have been my weekend "off" from schlepping kids to various activities. I may get some time in there on Sunday after mowing the lawn, but we have guests coming later in the day. Did I happen to say, "Grrrrrrr"?????????
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Cleaning ??
    Ya sur u betcha, well a little anyway.
    I have most of the tree limb that fell on the boat/garage chopped up and put away, so Saturday is bring the dog in for her monthly shot and try and get some more coats of poly on the storage cabinet before the wife gets home, Beatsy's half day Sat.
    Then we'll decide whether to go buy the brick molding, if its gonna be plastic or wood, or am I just gonna made the stuff out of the pile of white oak the wife has decided is to dark for kitchen cabinets...time will tell, depending on mood...hers not mine...

Sunday is gonna be hot so I might just pull the boat out and summerize it so we can actually use it this year, got a new AM/FM/CD deck for it and may install that to, if I make it that far.

Gonna try slow cooking ribs again this weekend..this time with a full cyllinder of propane..

Ya all have a safe and well weekend.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Working on the wifes B-day gift. She likes doing them paint by number kits, so I am makeing her a art easel. It will be a cross between a art easel and drafting table. This will be made using leftovers in the shop. Nothing fancy just red oak a butternut. I am not sure how well the will lok together.

Attending the griz tent sale saturday.

Sunday, working on the hydraulics on my tractor, getting it ready for a tractor mount wood splitter