Thread: A Visit To Clear Vue Cyclones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When I got my mini I email Ed a few times and as you say he is a delight to deal with.

I wish I could have made that trip with you.

Thanks for the report.

I got my CV a little over 2 years ago. I opened things and made sure it was all there and not broken, but it was a good 6 months or so before I started seriously looking at it to assemble it. It was slightly disformed in the cone...kinda leaned to one side. I emailed Ed and he got right back to me, made arrangements to get a new one out to me and pick up the bad one. He wasn't really concerned that it would't operate properly, but he was very concerned that I wouldn't be happy with it. He made sure to get my phone number and called me, even though I said that wasn't necessary, that I was not unhappy, and actually thrilled that he was going to the lengthes he was going through, to make sure I was happy. And I am!!!!!! Ed is one of the A#1 guys to deal with. If Gary Herrmann's first problem had been with a Clear Vue and not a jointer, the only thing we would have heard about was how Ed immediately took care of things and made it right.
    I did have a little scare with the replacement and I teased Ed a little. When the UPS guy was carrying it to the front door, I opened the door before the dogs went nuts and I couldn't get to the door. As he was walking across the yard, there was this 'ching-chingle-ching-rattle' noise coming from the box. The driver said, "this doesn't sound good...I can take it right back." I opened the box, and it was the hardware bag that had broken and all the nuts and bolts banging around in the bottom of the box! The cyclone was fine!!
    I'm also envious with your visit to Ed's operation. Ed is too far away from me to get to go see his set up. Glad he is setting up a separate work building so he can maybe spend some time with his hobby again. Guess we need Ed to do a shop update with pictures!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.