OK, so I'm trying hard to justify another Festool purchase, it goes something like this.

My first and only Festool purchase so far has been the Domino which I got in April and absolutely love. But I understand that Festool advises against running the Domino without a vac attached, so I thought I'd pick up the Festool hose and somehow adapt to my old Rigid shop vac....until I realized the hose would cost more than my old vac did when it was new...and now this old vac has really been around the block a time or two and in fact I managed to start it on fire at one point (cockpit trouble, not the vac's fault)...so needless to say I don't really want to continue to use it...so time for a new Festool vac, either the CT 22 or CT 33. A justifiable purchase in my mind

And so I'm thinking, why not take advantage of one of Festools package deals and come home with a new sander while I'm at it, since my old PC ROS has already been rebuilt once and may not have much time left before permanently "expiring".

So my question to Festool sander owners.....

I'm considering either the RO 150 FEQ or the RO 125 FEQ. Wondering what owners of either of these think of them? Do both modes work as advertised? So often tools that are "two in one" like this don't do the job as well as separate, dedicated tools. Is that the case with these?

I'm just a hobbiest who builds furniture for my home...end/coffee tables, book cases, casework, etc. Planning to get into some slightly larger pieces - grandfather clock, china cabinet/hutch, perhaps a dining room table, office furniture, etc. Am I better off with the 5" 125 or the 6" 150? My old PC is a 5" and I've always thought the size was sufficient...but I've never owned a 6" so maybe I'm really missing out on something?

Apologies for being so long winded. Thanks in advance for any advice the Creek may be able to provide!