Thread: Lumber in Cincinnati / Dayton

Lumber in Cincinnati / Dayton

Just a quick question to all of you close to the Quenn City area

Where do you go for your lumber - either rough cut or planned

I looked in the yellow pages and out side of Paxton and Hyde Park Lumber, I am having a hard time finding any small saw mills

Thanks

Steve

2. Steve - I always use Frank Miller Lumber in Union City, Indiana. Their prices are reasonable and they have a very large selection. They are right on the border of Ohio and Indiana.

Here is their website with a map. http://www.frankmiller.com/default.asp?OPID=35

Let me know if you need any other information.
    Tipp City, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mcmahon View Post
    Just a quick question to all of you close to the Quenn City area

Where do you go for your lumber - either rough cut or planned

I looked in the yellow pages and out side of Paxton and Hyde Park Lumber, I am having a hard time finding any small saw mills

Thanks

Steve

Muterspaw Lumber over around Xenia. Take Rt 68 toward Xenia from I-71, its about 3 or 4 miles up the road on the left. Nice guy. Not a huge selection but good selection of common domestics. Prices are fair, not gloat worthy but fair. http://www.crlumber.com

Brad

I have used Paxton's in Montgomery. Most of the time I use Tiny Timbers in Deputy, IN (just outside Madison), real nice family operation and good prices. They are online at www.tinytimbers.com There are two other mills within ten minutes of them also.

Wilhelm Lumber is southeast of Brookville, IN. They are not to far off of I74 at the state road 1 exit.

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...company=490143

requarth lumber in dayton ,
    they have been around awhile , they sold the wright brothers the wood for the wright flyer. everything i have purchased for myself or work has been of outstanding quality.
    tim in centerville , ohio
    The only time you mustn't fail is the last time you try. Charles Kettering

Blog Entries
    Like was mentioned there is Muterspaw Lumber, during the week he is only open after 3pm.

I live in Xenia and go up to Enon, Ohio which about 20-25 minutes from me.
    http://www.thehardwoodstore.com/ They have a pretty good variety of domestic and exotic lumber. Can't find pine 2x4's at this place.

Thanks to everyone - I will bookmark all of these links

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Stegemann View Post
    I have used Paxton's in Montgomery. Most of the time I use Tiny Timbers in Deputy, IN (just outside Madison), real nice family operation and good prices. They are online at www.tinytimbers.com There are two other mills within ten minutes of them also.

Hey Bob-

I see you are in Richmond... there's a mill/lumber yard just north of you off of 75. Just wondering if you'd used them? Looks like they've got a lot of "raw" wood waiting to be milled. I'm in Frankfort and thought about checking them out.

Thanks!
    Mark

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock."
    Will Rogers

I have used Muterspaw, the hardwood store and Frank Miller. If you order in 100 bdft amounts both Frank Miller adn Muterspaw offer free delivery. They are both attentive and will deliver good wood. The choice is the best at FM. The hardwood store is the most convient. Price wise all very similar. All have a website.
    America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    C. S. Lewis

I saw this in Today's Cincinnati Equirer classified ads:

LUMBER Rough sawed,. Walnut, cherry, poplar, ash & oak $2/per board foot.859-689-7340

I don't know anything about the guy, but thought I would pass this along.

If you are in Cincinnati, you can also contact Motz Turf, on Clough road. The father runs a woodmizer and has a barn filled with air dried lumber, much of which has been in that barn for YEARS.

Of course, neither of these sources are sorted/graded lumber, but there can be one heck of a savings.

Mark

I think that you may be talking about the site with all the logs on the left going north. If so they just wholesale logs. I live about 4 miles from them and was excited when I first saw logs; then disappointed when I found out what they were doing.

There used to be a good mill in Berea but I think that he retired so it's through Frankfort to Deputy, IN

Another vote for Wilhelm Lumber.
    Chris said southeast of Brookville (IN, not OH) but if you look at a map it's actually almost due south.
    From I-74 take the St Leon exit and head north on IN 1. When you get to a crossroad with a dilapidated Federal style house on the far right corner turn left. (Southgate) Wilhelm's is about two miles on the left. Coming from Brookville turn on to IN 1 from 52/1 and you will hit Southgate about two miles after the top of the hill.
    The thing I like about Wilhelm is that I need only to call ahead a day or two and they will have what I want wairing for me when I get there.
    BTW Chris, do you have a brother named Mike? If so, he was my supervisor years ago at MEG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Stegemann View Post
    Mark

I think that you may be talking about the site with all the logs on the left going north. If so they just wholesale logs. I live about 4 miles from them and was excited when I first saw logs; then disappointed when I found out what they were doing.

There used to be a good mill in Berea but I think that he retired so it's through Frankfort to Deputy, IN
    Man, that's a real bummer !!! I thought there was a sign next to the yard that said something along the lines of hardwood lumber and veneer - I would have never thought that would be for wholesale! RATS!

Thanks for the tip on Tiny Timbers... I'll have to check them out.
    Mark

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock."
    Will Rogers