Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Sears 17" DP on Sale! $180

Got the same CC email, also got the original canceled because of errors email back from my email, in regarding their customer service.
    When the B&M shops complain about on line taking their business, they might want to look at why, perfect case here.
    As confused as they seem to be, I don't see me walking though their doors anytime soon.
    Well.... unless their another tool that's $300 off...

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

You guys don't really think someone at Sears is sitting at their computer typing up these emails, do you? I'd be willing to bet all are automated, sent from separate, poorly integrated systems. As Sears has tried to clean up this mess, they've probably done quick fixes in each of their systems to cancel orders, prevent new orders, and prevent orders-in-process from being charged to credit cards. Each of those would probably cause emails to get kicked out to the customer (emails the customer would usually want to see so they know what is happening with their order.)

Actually Matt, most of these problems come from the rollout of a brand new software system that was supposed to do everything, including integrate Kmart & Sears. It has been a disaster since it was put into production over the labor day weekend (Sept 1-3). This is according to several CS reps I have talked to (some still deny any problems but some will tell you its been a nightmare for them as well).

I would like to amend my comments and say that some of the problems originally occurred because of the awful new software, the core problem is still that nobody at Sears knows what that are doing, or really cares.

4. No Matt, I don't think that someone is sitting somewhere and typing emails. But this uncoordinated effort, on the part of Sears, of wrong, misleading, or emails that just plain lie, do them no justice whatsoever. I do understand that the emails are sent via computer automation. But at some point human interaction and decisions have to be made as how to handle the situation. Humans, at some point, had to decide how to solve the problem and write the script of the email(s), or decide what pre-created emails to send in response. There is obviously a breakdown in that communication line somewhere. The hands and feet of the organization cannot communicate effectively with one another, or the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    You guys don't really think someone at Sears is sitting at their computer typing up these emails, do you? I'd be willing to bet all are automated, sent from separate, poorly integrated systems. As Sears has tried to clean up this mess, they've probably done quick fixes in each of their systems to cancel orders, prevent new orders, and prevent orders-in-process from being charged to credit cards. Each of those would probably cause emails to get kicked out to the customer (emails the customer would usually want to see so they know what is happening with their order.)

There was some indication by the person I spoke to that the individual store was responsible for dealing with the orders if it was ordered for pickup at a store, which mine was. It sounded like individual regional warehouses were responsible for delivery orders. So we are all probably dealing with different people. In my case, the store was notified by the warehouse that they didn't have stock to fill the order. So, they cancelled it.
    You would think that online ordering could keep track of stock and pretty easily put an "out of stock" message on the web. Significantly smaller companies do it. A simple thing like that would've saved them a lot of effort cancelling all these orders. Not that they wouldn't have had to cancel some based on the pricing mistake, but not nearly as many.
    There were people on slickdeals.net buying them in quantity to resell on ebay. Even people who didn't even know what a drill press is used for.
    Jay St. Peter

The plot thickens

12 hours after getting the first email, I got another saying the DP was in stock at my local Sears. So I went down, and it wasn't. I offered to take the floor model, but the manager politely said it's been on the floor for over a year and it most likely has worn or broken parts and no manuals. They instead rush shipped one from the warehouse that should be here next Friday, and took ANOTHER 10% off the price for my inconvenience! If it shows up for pickup next Friday as promised, I'll be pretty pleased

I have a confirmation number in writing; am waiting for email instructions for store pick-up which was to be 3-5 days starting last Fri. As far as pricing errors, in my opinion, that is Sears problem until they correct the error online. Confirmed orders up to the correction should be filled. Same goes with airline tickets. As a consumer/customer, how are we to know when there are errors. Are we to challenge or be skeptical of every sale/price that Sears puts out there? For what we know, they may have been attempting to clear our over inventory or discontiued models.

Some folks have said they received emails that stated that Sears had oversold that model. I just received a Craftsman Club catalogue that is advertising that model on sale for Buy one for $476. , Buy two for $450. ,Buy three for $423. Doesn't sound like a shortage to me

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

The only confirmation is that through all of this, Sears has/is a bunch of Tools....

Grats on those who were lucky enough, sweet score indeed.

mike

Can't believe this still has a life.
    GK

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Morrissette View Post
    Some folks have said they received emails that stated that Sears had oversold that model. I just received a Craftsman Club catalogue that is advertising that model on sale for Buy one for $476. , Buy two for $450. ,Buy three for $423. Doesn't sound like a shortage to me

Lou
    That catalog was printed about 2 or 3 months ago.

A computer error doesnt tell you three different things on the same order. Its some idiot manager at sears trying to cover his tracks after making a pricing error. I got all these answers via email:

1. Credit card still processing.
    2. Drill out of stock
    3. Wrong price on website.

You can see the results after mixing a company going bad with a horrible one (kmart). I sent them a reasonable email with my complaints about their bad service and told them to do something for me. I dont expect an email back because they will just delete it.

Got one - I think!

A big thanks for the heads up on the 'offer' Russ. I saw your post on Sat., the 13th. Printed out the add someone was nice enough to post and went down to our little mom and pop sears store. They made a phone call and said someone goofed on the pricing BUT since I had a copy of the ad, I could buy one at that advertised price. Paid for it then and there and was told it will be in the latter part of November...here's hoping. Thanks again Russ,
    Jim

Dave Sabo,
    I agree! I think it's ridiculous how many have tried to get this drill press and complain, complain, complain, when they find out it was a mistake! Get real, Sears is a big company that sells thousands of products. The responses many of you got by phone or email were probably canned responses for the hundred or so other mistakes made this month. So it's not great customer service. Get over it. It was a mistake. Ya ain't gettin' the drill press for $180.

15. Okay, not to criticize anyone here. But the mom and pop Sears stores are not that profitable, in fact, and my guess is they will eat the loss. Where will one draw the line to get a good deal? I am wondering if the mom and pop Sears stores are still independently owned, they used to be. So you are taking some regular folks and ripping them one, just to get a "good deal". Search your conscious, and decide what kind of person you are. If you need to take advantage of people to pursue the craft, then you maybe you should wait awhile until you can truly enjoy the tools that you can honestly buy. I do not intend this to upset, or offend, you or anyone else, but you are clearly taking advantage of people trying to make a living. It does feel nice to get a good deal on tools, but I won't do it dishonestly. Sincere Regards, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    A big thanks for the heads up on the 'offer' Russ. I saw your post on Sat., the 13th. Printed out the add someone was nice enough to post and went down to our little mom and pop sears store. They made a phone call and said someone goofed on the pricing BUT since I had a copy of the ad, I could buy one at that advertised price. Paid for it then and there and was told it will be in the latter part of November...here's hoping. Thanks again Russ,
    Jim