Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" 2007 Ornament Exchange

The "Official" 2007 Ornament Exchange

OK, Here we go. This is the the official sign up for the 2007 Holiday Ornament Exchange. Below is a list of those that have indicated they want to participate, so far. But in case anyone has had a change of heart, things come up, or anything like that, let me know via a post to this thread or a PM and I'll take you off the list. And if anyone that's not on the list wants to be there, do likewise and I'll add you to the list. And just to make sure everyone is still on the same page, confirm your intent to participate in the same manner. We'll let this go until Saturday, November 17th. Then we'll throw the names in a hat, draw the trades, and you can contact each other with mailing addresses and make the trades. Pretty simple, eh?

Here are the rules......

Turn an ornament! Any size, style, shape, wood or other turnable material, any finish, anything that you can create using a lathe for at least part of the process. Contact your trading partner for their mailing address. Send it to them. Sit anxiously by the mailbox waiting for yours to arrive. Just like that!

Nancy Laird
    Ken Fitzgerald
    Pete Jordan
    Chris Rolke
    Doug Jones
    Bill Blasic
    Andy Hoyt
    Kevin McPeek
    Tyler Wood
    Paul Heely
    Bernie Weishapl
    Bonnie Campbell
    Dennis Peacock
    Tom Sherman
    Bill Wyko
    Larry Marley
    Shane Whitlock
    Wayne Boian
    Bill Stevener
    Jon McCoy
    Bobby McCarley
    Adam Tracksler
    John Taylor
    Brian Weick
    Christopher Hartley
    Richard Madison
    Jeffrey Fusaro
    Bob Hallowell
    Raymond Overman
    Dean Thomas
    Rick Apt
    Ron Erickson
    Dennis Kranz
    David Fried
    Bill Noce
    Earl Reid
    Doug M Jones
    Curt Fuller
    John Lanier
    Dave Bonde
    Rex Guinn
    Last edited by Andy Hoyt; 11-05-2007 at 9:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    If nobody minds a newbie shot at it.... I'm in.
    Have a Nice Day!

Regrettably, I had to bow out on this one. I cannot get near the lathe due to my cabinetry projects and also have some extra international business travel coming that will cause me to lose a few weekends. The cabinetry for the addition has to take first priority. That said, if things end up with an odd number, I'll be glad to do it on an "IOU" basis.

Curt, I already edited the list relative to my name for you. You'll need moderator help going forward as normal edit privileges expire after 24 hours.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Question Size limitation

Curt,
    are there any size limitations on the ornament? lxwxh.
    Thanks ,
    Brian,

On a side note:
    Oh, Mr. Becker's excuses- lets see- did you pull those out of your excuse Rolodex ,,,,,,,hmmm,, did you Jim-LOL- Just Kidding Jim, I hope you will be able to participate
    Brian

A warning to anyone considering me as an exchange partner. My PM3520B is still sitting on the pallets in the huge box. I was hoping to start priming the rest of the shop today. Yesterday, I got the walls ready to paint. As I was beginning to sponge the joints on the ceiling last night, I had a major vertigo attack.

I'll try to work the mud later this morning. And maybe get started on priming this evening. I hope to have the shop done and the lathe and b/s ready for use before Thanksgiving.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Weick View Post
    On a side note:
    Oh, Mr. Becker's excuses- lets see- did you pull those out of your excuse Rolodex ,,,,,,,hmmm,, did you Jim-LOL- Just Kidding Jim, I hope you will be able to participate
    Brian
    Trust me, Brian, I'd love to be turning for this event as well as just to be turning. But my willingness to do the international travel (new-hire sales/technical training) and an unexpected 2007 session in Beijing for that kinda changes the schedule dynamics. It's almost "good" that our addition has been moving along a little slow (due to the township...don't get me started here...) as it gives me more time for the cabinetry projects. Of course, not receiving a shipment of needed material this weekend isn't helping.

If there is any way I can "swing" getting near the lathe in the next few weeks, I'll opt back in. But I didn't want to make a promise that I couldn't keep.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Weick View Post
    Curt,
    are there any size limitations on the ornament? lxwxh.
    Thanks ,
    Brian,

On a side note:
    Brian
    No size limitation Brian. Just keep in mind that you'll have to box it up and mail it and I don't think UPS will do things over about 100 lbs.

One Rule I Forgot........

There's one rule I forgot........

Please don't post any pictures of your ornament until after the exchange names have been drawn!

Blog Entries
    I'm still in it'll be one the last things I get to turn before I have knee surgery on the 29th. Looking forward to it.(turning the ornament, not the surgery)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

I'm still in.

i'm still in!

don't be disappointed if my ornament looks like pen, err... i mean icicle. i think that i have forgotten how turn any other shape.

is any one else the least bit curious why brian w. would ask about size limitations....? isn't he the one with monster pattern-maker lathe????

ken-- don't worry about not being able to turn an ornament. just put a forwarding address label on the mustard crate and send her my way in place of an ornament.

on the tree? under the tree? who cares, right???
    best regards,

jeffrey fusaro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Regrettably, I had to bow out on this one. I cannot get near the lathe due to my cabinetry projects and also have some extra international business travel coming that will cause me to lose a few weekends. The cabinetry for the addition has to take first priority. That said, if things end up with an odd number, I'll be glad to do it on an "IOU" basis.

Curt, I already edited the list relative to my name for you. You'll need moderator help going forward as normal edit privileges expire after 24 hours.
    C'mon Jim, where are you priorities?
    Have a Nice Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post

HARD TO BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE 24,574 POSTS ON THIS FORUM CAN'T FIND TIME TO TURN AN ORNAMENT !
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

I think you are on to something Keith.

I will be glad to exchange with any of the alibi ers.

Pete
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Im still in, providing there are no objections to someone having to send theirs to the UK.

john