Thread: flatbed printer

flatbed printer

hi all

does anybody have expirience with flatbed printers?

Leon,

I moved this to signs where it's more appropriate.

I sub out my screenprinting, and my printer just got one recently. I have not found a need for those service yet. His is 5'x10' so he can do a full 4x8 bleed
    but his wholesale price is a lot more than what I can do it for in vinyl, so it would only be practical for a full color job. I do know that it can print on a lot of different materials from wood to cloth, and as I recall up to 6" thick.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

We have been looking into purchasing one for last couple years. I plan on looking again at the ISA show in March. The problem has been the cost of the machine! We currently run solvent printers and laminate and mount everything in house. When I run the numbers the flatbeds cost us more to produce the same items. We are a medium size shop and our printers run about 6 hours a day. I think you need a lot more volume to justify the cost saving of mounting. A competitor just put in a large printer and Zund cutter and has been advertising like crazy to get business. I think I will wait until the prices come down.
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,
    16x20 automatic Heat Press