Quote Originally Posted by John Hain View Post
My only wish would be to do a couple shows on more advanced woodworking projects and skills/techniques.
John - after reviewing season 1, we agree that we should include more projects in the show. I think you'll be pleased with season 2 in that regard.

One of the things (in my opinion) that sets August Home apart from other publishing companies is that we put a premium on learning and education. As much as that may sound like lip-service, I can attest to the fact that learning is an integral part of the August Home culture. I think that there are a number of television shows that focus more on the project and less on the necessary skills to build that project. The Woodsmith Shop (season 1 anyway) has purposely focused more on techniques rather than focusing on a project. I think that we are certainly unique in that regard.

We've gotten A LOT of feedback from novice and expert woodworkers alike. Many of them appreciate the technique and educational aspects of the show. Of course we've also gotten feedback asking for more projects and more detail. So, we're going to try and find a balance between both.

Thanks!

Brian