Thread: Shop Tour (pics)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Starosta
    Fred, very nice!! I have a question about Picture 9. I have that same jointer, and have been trying to figure out the best way to collect the dust. Can you give me some detail and/or a front picture of what you've done? How effective is it? Thanks!!

Keith
    Keith, I don't have an available "close-up" picture of the jointer dust collection connection. If I had a digital camera (like Terry Hatfield says I should ) I could run out right now and grab a close up. However, I use the original dust chute that came with the jointer. It did have a cover that bolted or screwed over top of the chute. I never did bother using that. What I did originally was to construct a cover that would more or less "sandwich" the chute as the original cover would have. This cover screwed into the original chute. I did have to drill new holes into the original chute to accomodate these screws. Into this cover I originally had a connection that was sized to fit my shop vac. I was able to use the same cover because I moved up to a five inch diameter hole, so that size hole encompassed the entire former connection. I just cut around it. I hope this helps.

As far as effectiveness, well, to me it's a brand new system and to be honest, I haven't been on the jointer since installing the hose to it with the exception of running a piece of scrap through the jointer a few times just to test the connection out.
    Last edited by Fred Voorhees; 03-13-2004 at 3:22 PM.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!