Thread: Accuride on Ebay

Accuride on Ebay

In order to delay the inevitable I've received the "OK" to build pull out shelves for both our pantry and some kitchen cabinets. (The inevitable being a full kitchen remodel.) Anyway, my wife has okayed 3/4 extension slides so I looked to Rockler for prices. For 22" slides for 10+ we're looking at $10 a pair. We'll need at least 12 pairs so that is a pretty hefty part of the project cost. In browsing around ebay I've been able to regularly see Accuride slides going for up to half off Rockler's prices. Does this seem like a good way to go? Or is there more than the typical precautions necessary to get this type of deal? Also, there's room for full extension shelves, should I just go this route?

Thanks,
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Dan,

The only thing you need to be sure of when buying slides from anyone is that you are sure of the part numbers so that you are sure of the weight rating. Accuride, in my experience, makes very good slides as well as Blum. I am probably leaving out a few others but I will soon be in the market for some very heavy-duty (150-200 lb.) fully-open slides for some hefty file drawers I will be designing.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

CS Hardware is a vendor that often gets mentioned on the 'net as a good place to get slides for "very good" prices. I haven't purchased from them myself, however...yet.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Cool...looks like they might have what I'm looking for: 200 lb, long as I can find length (28").
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Watch out for the shipping, i bought some on e bay

and they wer knock offs, no big geal they were decent quality, but shipping was $ good luck, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stuewe
    In order to delay the inevitable I've received the "OK" to build pull out shelves for both our pantry and some kitchen cabinets. (The inevitable being a full kitchen remodel.) Anyway, my wife has okayed 3/4 extension slides so I looked to Rockler for prices. For 22" slides for 10+ we're looking at $10 a pair. We'll need at least 12 pairs so that is a pretty hefty part of the project cost. In browsing around ebay I've been able to regularly see Accuride slides going for up to half off Rockler's prices. Does this seem like a good way to go? Or is there more than the typical precautions necessary to get this type of deal? Also, there's room for full extension shelves, should I just go this route?

Thanks,
    Dan I too like the Accuride slides and did alot of serching on the web for some good prices , I don't know what model slide you are looking for, but this one should fit the bill. At 7.22 per pair seems like a very good price.
    Personally I prefer the full extention slides myself but if you don't have room for them well these should work fine .
    ACCURIDE 2132 22 3/4X 75LB 213222
    AC-213222
    $7.22
    you will find them at
    http://www.cabinetparts.com
    Seem to be the best prices on the web.
    Jim

I've used the Knape & Vogt drawer slides (KV8400) with good results. I purchased them from http://wwhardware.com.

They have some less expensive lines of drawer slides but I haven't used them.

Kevin

Dynaslide is an Accuride copy and just as good! Quite a bit cheaper on the 100# full extension. I always leave an extra 16th inch clearance on bothh the Dyna's and the Accurides they run much smoother.

http://www.compxnet.com/precision.html
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 03-19-2004 at 1:37 AM.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Dan
    CabinetParts.com was extremely helpfull to me as I was building a pull out slide tray for a Delta 13 inch planer. Used 150 lb slides 26 inches long.
    Usual disclaimer - I am not affiliated with cabinetparts.com but a very satisfied customer.
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA