Thread: Free Kits & Bulk Buy Information -- **Please Read**

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Free Kits & Bulk Buy Information -- **Please Read**

Bulk buy and the free kit program requests have grown to the point where I will have to streamline the manner in which request are being made. Requests asking for information are becoming overwhelming. I do not have the time to respond to every e-mail requesting detailed information on these two programs or I will never get anything shipped.

The following is a portion of the ones I am dealing with this morning, which are representative of ones I receive on a daily basis.

“I know that you are real busy, but I'm just wondering if you send out some free kits to me yet? I would like to get some so I can help out. Also do you have a bulk buy program? If so what type of deals do you have? (signed with a first name only).”

“What do we need to do to get mechanisms for a turn a thon.... I would like to have as much information for the club before we meet on April.”

“I am looking for a minimum 100 kits and red white and blue blanks. We have quite a few turners ready and willing. Please let me know if you can supply any kits or blanks. If you don't have inventory, please let me know that too”“I am retired and have lots of free time on my hands. I've been reading posts on the different forums about your project and am very impressed. I have a new lathe and would be willing to help turn pens for the troops. I can't afford the pen kits but would love to do the turning.”

“Where do I get the pen kits? (signed with a first name only)

“How do I get the pen kits to make ? I have a mini lath and have made pens for craft shows. I would like to get involved.”

Responding to these types of e-mails and Private Messages is prohibiting me from taking the time to process requests. For instance, I have 4 bulk buy requests and 22 free kit (575 kits) requests in the queue which require sorting, packaging, addressing and shipping this week alone.

Solution I hope:I will spend the majority of my day today generating some special pages on my web site with details of these programs. I will be establishing unique e-mail addresses for placing orders. Hopefully these pages will provide enough details on the programs to eliminate, or at least drastically reduce the number of e-mails and pm’s for information. When such e-mails/pm’s are received I will simply respond with a “form letter” answer containing a URL to the web site information. I wish I could respond to each message – but there just isn’t enough time in the day (or night for that matter) to do that.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 03-22-2004 at 8:20 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.