Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Inexpensive 50-Degree Smoothing Plane

I have a LV BUS with a 50 degree PM-V11 blade, LN No. 4 1/2 with 55 degree HAF, a LN No.112 scraper, a LV No. 80 type scraper and selection of hand scrapers.

Am I missing something here? Are there some other tools for working figured N American hardwoods?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hampshire View Post
    I have a LV BUS with a 50 degree PM-V11 blade, LN No. 4 1/2 with 55 degree HAF, a LN No.112 scraper, a LV No. 80 type scraper and selection of hand scrapers.

Am I missing something here? Are there some other tools for working figured N American hardwoods?
    I dunno about missing, but there are other tools. Or other variations/configurations of the BD smoothers. The cap iron wars on this forum are stuff of legend.

Derek, you piqued my curiosity on where is Bob.

Like others, I knew of him from multiple common interests and the varied forums that he shared some great knowledge on.

Apparently, we’re not the first to wonder where he is. I did find a six-year old posting on a wooden boat site where Bob mentioned he’d already shared or said most of what he knew, and that he was deep into some genealogical research.

Normally I get slightly irritated about old necro or Zombie posts popping up, but this one was personally interesting for me.

Kevin, Bob spent a lot of time on the Wooden Boat site, and I would expected that many there would question if he dropped out of sight, which he appears to have done.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I pinged Bob on LinkedIn and he accepted my contact invite. I suspect he's busy with other things.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.