Thread: Fulton 34

Fulton 34

Inherited several planes a while back and finally getting off my butt to clean / sharpen them. Got one I can't find on the WWW. It is very long 21 1/4" and has "Fulton" in raised letters on the back and 34 in raised numbers on the front. Any one know about such?? It is cast Iron with wood handles. The bottom is ribbed too.

I have used it once when I got a Walnut round from a local tree trimming service. Used it to flatten and shorten till I could "resaw" it on my band saw.

Thanks

Just some pictures. It is pretty standard looking plane. Just made by some obscure manufacturer. Hard to see the grooved bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hubert Carle; 04-18-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Nice Find!

I have seen Fulton Planes...nice, heavy and pretty well made....great find and good luck with it!

Fulton was the house brand of the United Tool & Hardware Corporation at 74 Reade Street, New York. They also had branches in Boston and Chicago as of 1925. They were established in 1910. The number 34 designates it as a jointer ( which is obvious from the size ). This company was a manufacturer's distributor, and as with Sears Craftsman, had others make their tools with their Fulton label. I've had several Fultons in the past, and they are well made planes. They appear to be made by Union.

Lynn

Hubert,
    I have a Fulton special in my dining room. It is double 12 gauge and was bought by my wifes great grandfather. I had it checked and itis still operational. They did good work.
    Ed