Thread: Veritas - New Line of Hand Planes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tools value

With this economy I think the "intended target" will get smaller and smaller. I cannot imagine LV or LN tacking another dime onto their tools. I am not questioning the quality or the value but I know I personally am looking more at garage sales and flea markets than catalogs and saying that I just don't need that little jewell. I defer to the craftsmen on this as I am just a hacker working on another set of oars and a new rowboat.

they say in hard times, the rich still spend....so maybe that is the strategy... the wealthy ww and / or tool collector. I was told about 1/2 of BCT planes never get used... just collectors... interesting, huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    they say in hard times, the rich still spend....so maybe that is the strategy... the wealthy ww and / or tool collector. I was told about 1/2 of BCT planes never get used... just collectors... interesting, huh...
    I work in retail and for years we built our business on low end bargain shoppers. But in the last few months we have switch to capture the higher end shopper. Sounds crazy but the typical bargain shopper does not have the money to spend right now.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale