Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop/Garage almost there

Shop/Garage almost there

I finished the front siding this afternoon. Almost ready to jump inside to start the electric and so on... Take a look at the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the update Bob. It's looking good from the outside. Now, I want to see some interior photos.

Thanks Frank. Not much on the inside yet. It's one big room right now. Hey...Maybe I'll keep it that way. Think the wife will notice?

Yeah, interior shots...we wanna see how HUGE it is inside...at least before you fill it all up and it feels cramped again!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Bob Land! -

Way cool!!! Now where is it she gets to park? In the driveway????

Looks great,
    Ted

Alrighty then... Inside pics it is. I'll take more tomorrow.

Hey Bob I like the title your wife applied to it when she named it "Bob's Room". Much superior to shop or doghouse or other names. "Bob's Room" sounds like a place where men are men and women fear to tread unless they are bringing a sandwich or a new tool...
    Last edited by Michael Stafford; 11-01-2004 at 9:44 PM. Reason: afterthought
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Inside pics

It's been a while since I posted my shop/garage progress. The electric is finally finished. I placed 220 outlets on all 4 walls. Then 110 outlets every four feet or less. And in a previous post I showed how I added a 220v and 110v outlets in the middle of the floor for the table saw. There are 2 circuits for lights, 10 lights in all. They will be the T8 type flourecents.
    The sheetrock is up and the first coat of spackle is on. It took 13 gallons of mud to finish the first coat. I hope to finish the second coat on Sunday. Then on to paint. I'm hoping to get it ready for tools soon. I have the new saw and jointer in waiting...
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14641
    Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You will know your g*****/shop is done when...

you have your "NO CARS ALLOWED" sign up.

Looks extremely nice. What are the measurements for your shop area?

Quote Originally Posted by mike lucas
    Looks extremely nice. What are the measurements for your shop area?
    Thanks Mike. The shop is 21' wide by 24' deep. I have an area above it that is 12' by 44' for storage also.

It's good that you are finally in a postion to show inside pictures. It won't be long now till you can move the saw and joiner out of the wings and onto the main stage..

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Great looking workspace. An inspiration for creativity
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

That's a big shop!! Take it all for your tools!!

Congrats on the new shop!!!!

Talking

Thanks guys. I put the garage door in the shop to make it easier to move equipment, large projects and wood in and out. No cars here.

I put the last coat of spackle on this morning. Start sanding tomorrow then start painting. The ceiling will have a texture finish of some kind. Not sure what color for the walls. I want something other then white though. It will be semi-gloss or enamal, I know that.
    Looking into floor coatings now. I guess some king of epoxy will do it. If all goes well, Maybe I'll start putting that 1023 together next weekend.