Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lathe Gloat

Lathe Gloat

I took advantage of the recent PM sale and now have a shiney new 3520b. Now I just need to learn how to turn

Greg
    PM3520b.jpg

Well lucky you having the money at just the right time for a sale. Greg you have to be one happy guy I know I would be.The only thing is now the expensive part comes,getting all the tooling so you can learn.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Wait a minute here Greg, you have a Mustard Monster and don't know how to use it?? Isn't there some story about having the cart before the horse??

Greg - Congrats on your new lathe! You are going to love it! Looking forward to seeing some turnings real soon!! Have fun!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Jamie, I just started turning in July and have been using a PM91...which is a 90 with the riser blocks. I've got a long ways to go to come close to the quality of what everyone here turns out.

Harry, I've already gone a long ways down the vortex. I've read on this forum many times about the vortex...I just had no idea it was so deep

Greg

Congrats on a fine lathe. No time like the present to learn to turn. Be safe and have fun.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Very shiny, indeed. You are going to love it.

I've had my 3520 for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely love it! Congrats!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McClurg View Post
    Jamie, I just started turning in July and have been using a PM91...which is a 90 with the riser blocks. I've got a long ways to go to come close to the quality of what everyone here turns out.

Harry, I've already gone a long ways down the vortex. I've read on this forum many times about the vortex...I just had no idea it was so deep

Greg
    OK that explains the tools in the background...
    /you do know that you've just made half of the forum jealous...
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Sturgill View Post
    OK that explains the tools in the background...
    /you do know that you've just made half of the forum jealous...
    I am one of the jealous ones, very nice!

Congratulations. I know that I really like mine after 5 years. You'd better get some shower curtains ready to protect your walls and contain the shavings. That dude will really let you thow shavings about 10' if you are not careful, and it would be a shame to mess up that neat shop. The sap in green wood is another good reason for shower curtains.

Well, I'm sure that is a fine machine. I've never worked on one but I saw one first hand at Jim Keenan's place and it sure looks nice. But, being the "old school" type that I am, I'd be hard pressed to feel the need to replace a PM91! I just really prefer the old iron to the new.
    David DeCristoforo

Congrats Greg! That's a great gloat and I'm sure you're going to enjoy turning on it!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

That is a great machine Greg. I think it is the best bang for the buck for a wood lathe.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Good choice on a new lathe, Greg. Looking forward to meeting you in a couple weeks when you visit Texas. I hope to 'fix you up' with some fresh cut mesquite.Max