Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
Greetings Willo and welcome to the forum... My advise (for what it's worth) is to start with Coreldraw, and get somewhat comfortable with it 'before' you buy the laser. If your just using it for learning, and it's not producing anything, I would think the educational package would do until you are ready to hook it up and start working.. The problem is, as others have said, Corel is a VERY steep learning curve. I've been using it since Ver.2 and still discover things I never knew almost every month.. You will have enough on your plate learning it (download as many projects from here as you can and see how their put together.) When you get your laser, you will be comfortable, and not have the incredible aggravation, of not being able to do what you 'think' you should be able to do on the laser, and not know if it's the machine, or how your trying to do it with Corel.. Believe me, and everyone else here, that the only one thats going to make money in the first few weeks, will be the guy selling you the laser. The laser, is the simple part. Making it do what you want can drive you nuts without a good foundation in Coreldraw. As Frank has said, everything you want to know can be found on this forum.. Go to page one and start reading. Not only will all of your questions be answered, but you will have some 'history' knowledge of the machines, software, and many, many, ideas and hints to make life easier, and more profitable. Then, and only then should you be ready to plunk down the 20-30k they want for the machine in Oz.. Before you know it, you will be a 'idea' and project contributor in no time...
Thank you for some good solid advise. Laser Uni here I come.