So i was making box finger joints on my sawstop with the sd608 dado, and my brake fires. Not sure what caused the trigger. The wood I was cutting was solid wood, the jig was made from wood, and the miter gauge was about 3 inches away, and the fence was no where near the work.

I will contact sawstop tomorrow and mail them the brake. I have no freaking clue what could have triggered it. I had been making finger joint cuts for about 40 minutes with the same setup and a clear saw tabletop workplace. I had made about 6 finger cuts in this piece of maple (kiln dried btw) before it fired, so I doubt it was wet wood. What sucks though is it was my sd608 dado that got eaten. I didn't see any damage on it, but really would prefer to not take the risk of trying to reuse it. I was making 1/4" fingers, so only the two outside chippers were in the blade when the brake went off.

Any ideas? Input? Things to look for? Sucks to have that happen, and then I am out a brake (70$) and a dado (250$). Hopefully I can get hold of freud and just buy the two outside pieces instead of a whole new set. They have the two outside blades listed on their website, but no prices shown on each (figure maybe 75$/per?). Hopefully sawstop can give me an answer when I send them the brake.