Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
Good stuff, Folks. I guess it was about time for me to add some thoughts.

I've always been one to change between rip and crosscut blades and it really isn't *that* big of a deal but I was just wondering what people really thought about Forrest.

I have mostly CMT blades and lately, I've not been too happy with them but you know what, I think the suckers need SHARPENED!! LOL...shocking, I know.

I also picked up some Freud blades (Glue Line Rip, 12" crosscut for the miter box) and they've done all right. I noticed some chipping on my Freud Glue Line rip so I'm not too happy about that. I know I didn't bang the blade against anything so I'm wondering about the quality of the carbide on it.

The 12" Freud blade on the miter box has done well for me (96-tooth) and I've even been using it on my TS for the extra height.

I finally found a local sharpening service that is open on Saturdays and I'm going to send them a few of my blades and PRAY they do a good job. I wasn't liking having to send my blades out to some sharpening service (like Forrest) so I really hope this local outfit is as good as they claim on their website! Cross your fingers!
Chris,

Let me know how they do on the sharpening, some of my blades are due as well. I'm in San Jose, what's their name and city?

Todd