Hello everyone I'm new to this forum. I already introduced myself in the Turner's Forum so I thought I'd swing by here and do it again I live in the Waukesha area for all of those other Wisconsinites out there, I was surprised to see there were a lot of others from WI in the Turner's Forum. Well I hope to share anything I can with you guys here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone, I belong to another forum and already recognize some faces. I hope to help out in any way I can, don't know how much that will be, I'm still kinda young but hey I will try my best Little bit about myself n woodworking...
I am in an apprenticeship for Carpentry, been doing it for about 3 years now. The company I work for we build a lot of restaurants, small banks, that kinda thing. I like the company 'cause we do everything, the rough framing, doors/hardware, trim work, frp, all kinds of stuff, I like the variety. Currently I am off of work because it's way slow. Although that's pretty much the story for everyone right now. I did a lot of woodworking stuff in highschool. But wasn't until the last couple years where I've really gotten into it. In the Turner's Forum everyone asked me about pictures of stuff I've done so far, so I will go ahead and post them right away for you guys here

Recently I built this for my mom. Right inside our front door we have a little foyer area with a closet, and directly to the right of the door inside, there was a space about 3' wide 2' deep where my mom wanted a bench built with baskets below that could slide out. She wanted it to have a back to it with a shelf for the top. It doesnt have this yet, but she wants me to frame a mirror out to hang on the back with coat hooks around it. I made it out of Poplar mostly, and some Oak veneered plywood I had laying around. It is going to get painted a cream color first, then black, and then sanded in ares, revealing the cream color underneath to give it that "distressed" look. The base moulding on the bench is different from the base moulding in the room, but I wanted it to appear as a seperate piece from the rest of the room. So I had to scribe the room's moulding to the bench.

IMG_2232 (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_2233 (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_2234 (450 x 600).jpg
IMG_2235 (450 x 600).jpg
IMG_2236 (600 x 450).jpg

Well I guess you can only post 5 pictures here, so I'll make another post with 2 other projects I've done. Thanks for lookin so far everyone!