I hate to start another DC thread... but I'm having a heck of a time deciding between the Penn State DC2000B and the Delta 50-760.

I only have two 110V 15A circuits in my garage. I will put in a new 220V circuit if I end up going with the PSI or a new 110V circuit if I go with the Delta, so power requirements aren't an issue.

I have a Ridgid TS w/2.5" dust port, Ridgid Jointer w/4" dust port, Ridgid Planer w/4" dust port, Delta BS w/4" dust port, and a Woodpeckers Router Table w/2.5" dust port. I also have a Delta 16" DP, a Jet 10x14 Mini Lathe, and a DeWALT 12" CMS.

I don't expect to be able to setup a full network of ductwork. As soon as I can, I'll probably setup two or three machine groups with blast gates so there will be less connecting and disconnecting. But initially, I'll move the DC from machine to machine.

The two DCs are so close in price that I'm not worried about the cost difference. The 50-760 is $375 @ Amazon and the DC2000B is $340 including shipping @ PSI.

The only thing that's keeping me from going with the Delta is the fact that it only has a 5" port, where the PSI has a 6" port. My ignorance in this arena says "6 is bigger than 5, so go with the PSI." But the shop tests and reviews seem to indicate the Delta has better real world specs.

So... how important is the 6" vs 5" port size? If I won't notice a difference, I'm going to go with the Delta.

TIA,

Paul