I've been lurking here for about a month, so I figured I would introduce myself.

Just started looking at woodworking as a hobby back in the fall. Built myself a simple but decent sized bench with an MDF top. Got a router and miter saw for Christmas, and bought a contractor saw on sale about two months ago. All tucked into the corner of my basement, surrounded by all the junk my wife and I have stored down there, with some shelving units and litter boxes cramping my space as well.

Since I'm just getting started, my knowledge is of course very limited. That can make some things a bit intimidating, but this forum definitely seems like a great place for helpful information. I've already learned some things just perusing this site. I'm planning on buying a few books to increase my knowledge, and then try to figure out what kinds of things I want to build. My wife already has plans for me, of course, but most things are beyond my current skill level.

For those of you familiar with the Philly/Bucks County area, I'm located in Buckingham Township, right near the intersection of Rt. 263 and Edison-Furlong.

Anybody know of any good lumber and plywood sources in this area, with reasonable prices (price being a big factor in what my wife let's me get away with)? I've bought some things from the local big box stores, but of course quality and selection are lacking. I headed over to Niece Lumber in Lambertville, NJ, this morning to see what they had, since it's a short trip. Being a newbie, I don't know whether their prices are reasonable or not.

Thanks, and I look forward to hanging out here more in the future.

Steve