This isn't a fine woodworking question, but it is at least still somewhat on topic. I have recently finished a cow trough made entirely from 2xX pressure treated boards. Since this particular feeder was for ground corn, it needed a somewhat leak proof bottom. I enlisted some help and we ripped 8 2x6 boards 12' long twice to make a ship lap joint. I need to make some more of these feeders but doing that again does not appeal to me in any way. The boards are just too heavy, long, and usually warped to work with safely and efficiently on the tablesaw.

Can I get a 3/4" rabbeting bit for my router and just run it down each side? I have never tried routing PT wood and I will definitely do it outside and wearing a respirator, but will this be too hard on my router? Are there any other concerns with doing this?

What about making half lap joints on the same wood? I was thinking of making a jig that I could clamp to the board in question with a hole small enough to stabilize the router and then just plunging a straight bit (with a collar?) to remove a section and then moving it along the board to complete the removal in 2-3 steps.