Thread: Request for brutaly honest Creekers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Request for brutaly honest Creekers

Ok here goes.
    I've never had a single lesson on any woodworking.
    I've been at it the last 4-6 yrs.
    I've got big ambitions, and even bigger dreams.
    To top it all off, SWMBO is behind me 110%

So here is the nitty gritty where I need some pointers. I took a video of myself today ripping down a full 4x8 sheet. I'm dead set on doing this on my table saw. I have no desire to set up guides for my circ saw. I do however have a slick guide that my circ saw rides on so as to get a tear out free straight cut with no measuring for off set. But I only use it for cross cutting plywood. When I was making this rip cut today I boged down the saw pretty good, and I think I was feeding to fast for the capacity of my saw. So can I get some coments from the penut gallary as well as the guys up in the box office? Lay it on me thick, where can I improve the most here? I added a pic of the blade I was using, which I'll never use again. I'm in the market for a better plywood blade.

Thanks in advance, now bring it on
    Aaron.

Wouldn't you know it!! You tube is doing maintenance and I can't get at my video. RATS! I'll add it in the morning, need to get to bed any way. SMC is WAY to addictive.

Ok, youtube is up this morning, so here is the vid of me doing my thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1iuCshio4

Add a few things here, the saw is a single horse contractor 113. craftsman series upgraded with machined pulleys and a link twist belt. The wood being cut is nothing more than 3/4 sandleply? (spelling)
    What may not be apparent in the video was the breaker tripping, I didn't shut off the saw at the end of the cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aaron Berk; 06-03-2009 at 2:15 PM. Reason: added video, detail on saw and wood being cut.