Thread: New (used) Woodmaster Drum Sander Gloat!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile New (used) Woodmaster Drum Sander Gloat!

About a month ago I posted about a craigslist ad of a cabinetmaker (a 100+ miles one-way from me) who was selling his 37' Woodmaster as he had upgraded to a more industrial grade wide belt sander. His price was $800 plus alot of sandpaper. At that time, I was researching drum sanders to aid me in my lamination projects--and this was chaeper (and most likely better unless it was really beat-up from production work) than buying new. So, without having any idea what I was doing (I had never used a drum sander), I rented a truck and went to pick it up. At first I was shocked at how large and heavy it was--but there was no turning back--so I had him load it onto the truck (he used his tractor).

At home, I had to get two other hands to help me unload it (it was not easy!) onto a heavy-duty dollie I made. And it has been sitting in my garage ever since--waiting for me to get the 220v and dust collection set-up. The strange thing is that until today I have had buyers remorse--thinking this thing is to industrial for me and my hobby shop--even though I have space for it. Well, today finally got everything hooked up and took it for a test ride.

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg

Well, after using it, my buyers remorse is gone. I think I'm going to like it! The last picture is a ten ft piece of cherry about 3/16 thick from the bandsaw that I ran through the sander to clean it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (94.2 KB, 95 views)