ok - first the gloat - got a new Delta Sanding Station - 6" belt sander, 12" disc sander and pneumatic sander all in one. Pretty sweet set up for sure!!!

I've got it all set up - no small feat let me tell you - this baby is HEAVY!! Did I mention it weighs a lot?

So by way of a minor review - the assembly is quite easy - once you get it onto the legs that comes with it. This is definetly a two man - er - a woman job - ok it would probably take 4 guys - but only took 2 women ----

The disc sander and table were quite easy to adjust - my one complaint and I'm sure this is true with most disc sanders - the dust collection is worthless - but I can live with it - as long as I wear my Trend respirator!!

The pneumatic sander was easy enough to assemble until you got to the dust collector part - it had a different kind of attachment - one I've never come across and, of course, there were no written instructions on this part (which I'm not sure why there weren't) - but it was basically a clamping system that fit into the groove on the hub that surrounds the sanding bar. Once I figured it out - it is actually a pretty ingenious set up.

The belt sander was the bugaboo trying to get it adjusted to hold the belt tracking. It was difficult to get the set screws just right - but once they were adjusted - the belt tracks great.

From start to finish it took about 2 hours to set up and about another hour to adjust etc.

ok - so maybe just a bit more than an hour to adjust - I'm still working a bit on the belt sander portion. Herein lies my question

When I adjust the table to 90 degrees to the belt - the table and belt are exactly 90 degrees until you get two about 3" from the "top" of the belt table. Then its off by about 8-10 degrees. I'm guessing that's not a major problem since I'll probably be using the belt more toward the middle in most cases. But I want to make sure that this is normal and not a problem with the machine that I need to get addressed. Sooo my fellow wwing junkies - is this a problem or am I obsessing?

Thanks - and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Betsy