Thread: Photo Problem - Can Someone Take A Look??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Photo Problem - Can Someone Take A Look??

Hi everyone, I hope I find you all well.

I wondered if anyone could have a look at the attached photos for me (hopefully I attached them OK) and tell me where I might be going wrong? I’m currently tearing my hair out with this one (and if I’m honest "anything" photo related).

The images were engraved on laser grade ply. My process was to use the original jpg file (was given a scanned copy of the image to begin with but was really awful quality).

Opened the file in Corel Photo-Paint cropped it - resampled it – removed background – vignette – saved.

Then: Imported it in to Photograv did the do with that (chose birch settings) saved etc etc…..

Then: Imported it into the laser's software (Lasercut 5.1).

The 1st image was saved/cut at 5"x3.5" and done using 400 speed and 17 power but needed 2 passes. So I’m thinking it looks OK but would probably look even better if it were bigger. Did “all” the above again but resampled it to a bigger size 7"x5". Used exactly same speed and power but it looks completely different (2nd image). Was I hoping for too much with this??

Sorry for the long post but I feel like banging the head against the wall – I recently seem to be having problems with photos full stop – it’s giving me a crisis of confidence at the moment........

Any suggestions anyone – I have checked all the mirrors/lens etc and all are aligned and clean.

Thanks to all

Karen

PS - just decided maybe I should give it up (for today anyway) and enjoy that rare thing here in Ireland call the sun - it's blistering
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Karen Thompson; 09-11-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    One in four people are unbalanced. Think of 3 friends, if they seem OK; you're the one

LS6040PRO, LaserCut 5.1, CorelDraw X4, Photograv 3