I apologize if this isn't the place for this question, but I have noticed several of you with websites. My business is making CNC component parts - any material, any part (3 axis limitation). Just recently (3 months ago) - added ASPIRE to my arsenal. To this point, I have obtained business either from friends or contacts in the industry and following up on leads that current customers may have given to me. Last year, I did a post card mailout of about 100 cards to business' in the area and did not get 1 call from that effort. My question to the forum is, those of you that have websites, do you find that they generate business and if so, how do you get people to know about your site other than the obvious - adding the address to your business card. Does it give any legitimacy to your business?

Of course I welcome anyone's respone as I am pondering if I need to go in this direction. The cost doesn't seem to be that great but in this economy, I have to look at the return on investment. One of my machinery vendors always challenges me with this quote - "It's not how much it cost but rather how much it cost to do nothing"

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Andy