Thread: Updated new question: What would you do? - Laguna Resawmaster

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Updated new question: What would you do? - Laguna Resawmaster

So, my uncle is moving out of the country and he asked me if I would be willing to sell his woodworking tools for him. I love to shop and sell tools so I said sure, we are meeting soon to put his prices on all of the tools and then I will try to sell them for more, hence my "cut".

He wants $1,000 for a Laguna Resawmaster bandsaw that has never been used. He bought it from someone who had never used it. I helped him set it up but he never used it.

This thing is HUGE and I just don't ever see me getting into veneer work. Even if I did, I think I would buy veneer rather than making it. (I don't have a good source of exotics around here).

So what would I use this huge bandsaw for, if not resawing?

I do not currently have a bandsaw so I need one, so this is an opportunity to use it, but is it too big?

If I don't keep it, what should I ask for it? They are currently $4,400 new...
    Last edited by Jeff Sudmeier; 02-16-2010 at 9:36 AM.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"