Came home opened my front door and thought I opened an oven door . Looked at the thermostat and the temp was 80, the temp was set for 70 . So I am thinking, OK the digital thermostat went wacky. I put the switch to the off position and nothing, the heater kept on cranking, so I am now scratching my head and thinking well heck that can’t be good . I had to flip off the breaker in the main house panel to get it to shut down. Next thing I try is to disconnect all 4 wires to the thermostat, still thinking (hoping) it is something wrong with the thermostat, and flip the breaker back on. Crap, it fired back up again, so now I am thinking it must be a relay of some sort, but I don’t see anything on the board that looks replaceable. So my question is, is there something else that I should be thinking about, or does it sound like I will need a new control board ($$$) . The unit (air handler) is made by Amana (BBC60A2A), it is straight cool with electric heat forced air central system (air handler inside compressor outside), not a heat pump. I'm just glad it is going to warm up alittle the weekend. Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.